Kamen Rider Gaim Ep 46 - "The Fated Victor"

Yes, it's a solution indeed, but I was expecting Kouta to actually legitimately defy Sagara as a being. This solution in theory is a good thing - it saves the Earth, it solves both problems and Kouta was already quite prepared to make the sacrifice. But Sagara and Helheim are just going to keep with their trail of destruction, which IMO should've have been something Kouta wouldn't accept. Even if there was just a scene of Kouta trying to punch Sagara, I would have been okay with that.

It just felt like an underwhelming way to show this, that's all.

I think the ending's very Urobuchi though, reminds me of Psycho Pass. At least this one ends with a far optimistic note :laugh:
 
Yeah, I'm glad it ended optimistically as well.

You know what I do love about this episode? What he says to Takatora at the end:

"But you know what? I want you to teach Mitchi - how to accept the past, how to find a new path and how to move forward."

"That's something not even I could do."

"I don't want you to give up on him. People can change. Even someone like me - I was able to become someone else. It's called transforming, Takatora."

"Kazuraba..."

"If you can't forgive the person you are now, then change into a new you."

That mirrors Kouta at the start of the series, who wanted to "Transform" as well.

It's been one whole year and we've seen how these characters have grown up and changed. If Takatora represents hope, and Kouta represents growth, then with that chat at the end, we can assume Mitchi can and will be redeemed. No matter what he has been through, what mistakes he has made, he can still change himself and grow up to be a different person. Maybe that's why Urobuchi finished writing with this episode, because symbolically and thematically, it brings the series to a full conclusion.

Gaim's themes of evolution, human nature and moral consequences may have fallen short of their intended goal, but I'd say the theme of growing up was fully realized. If you view Gaim as a show about that sole theme, I think it's safe to say it was brilliantly written.

In the end, the show really goes to Mitchi - How Mitchi wanted to be someone else but ended up making the wrong choices and faced the consequences for it. But in the end, even someone like Mitchi can change for the better.
 
Last edited:
Kouta basically gave Sagara a big F-you by moving all the Inves and the forest to a new world, finding a solution to what Sagara wanted him to do: destroy the current world and create a new world. Kouta actually kept the current world and created a new world at the same time, sacrificing only himself in the lonely world with Mai. Even Sagara is impressed. I would say that's a pretty good ending.

I just find it hard to believe that Kouta would basically let other planets be taken over by Sagara and the Inves given his personality and past actions.
 
damn this was great episode and pretty good finale

[spoiler warning] final episode of Kamen Rider Gaim entitled "Transform! And to the future!". Six months after Kouta and Mai have left the plane of reality, all traces of Helheim Forest have been cleared from Zawame City, but a new threat appears to change things forever. http://www.jefusion.com/2014/09/kamen-rider-gaim-final-episode-preview.html

I can't believe JEFusion stole what I posted on Wikipedia hours before they made their posting.
 
Yes, it's a solution indeed, but I was expecting Kouta to actually legitimately defy Sagara as a being. This solution in theory is a good thing - it saves the Earth, it solves both problems and Kouta was already quite prepared to make the sacrifice. But Sagara and Helheim are just going to keep with their trail of destruction, which IMO should've have been something Kouta wouldn't accept. Even if there was just a scene of Kouta trying to punch Sagara, I would have been okay with that.

It just felt like an underwhelming way to show this, that's all.

Sagara is a force of nature, trying to defeat him is like saying you can kill Death. You can't kill Death and you can't stop Evolution. Kouta might have divine powers now, but he can't do jack against a primordial force of nature.

That's like Hercules trying to single handedly defeat Erebus or Aether.
 
Sagara is a force of nature, trying to defeat him is like saying you can kill Death. You can't kill Death and you can't stop Evolution. Kouta might have divine powers now, but he can't do jack against a primordial force of nature.

That's like Hercules trying to single handedly defeat Erebus or Aether.

Still, Kouta has always been naive. He would've tried to stand up to that. There should have been a scene where he tried to, even if it proved to do no good. Kind of like Kenzaki did to the god-stone.
 
I just find it hard to believe that Kouta would basically let other planets be taken over by Sagara and the Inves given his personality and past actions.

[HIDE]He sent Helheim and the Invess to an inhabited planet solving Earth which is all he wanted. His mission was to protect those he love, not all worlds and dimensions and whatnot.

As said before, Helheim is a force that cannot be controlled and Sagara is not evil, he is, like he said, a clock to remind people that it is time to evolve.[/HIDE]
 
[HIDE]He sent Helheim and the Invess to an inhabited planet solving Earth which is all he wanted. His mission was to protect those he love, not all worlds and dimensions and whatnot.

As said before, Helheim is a force that cannot be controlled and Sagara is not evil, he is, like he said, a clock to remind people that it is time to evolve.[/HIDE]
I agree with your second point, I guess Kouta did have many interactions with Sagara where he was antagonistic towards him, so I guess Kouta probably finally came to the conclusion that Sagara is a natural force rather than a true evil.

Still, just because his main goal was to save Earth, I doubt Kouta would not care about the other worlds and dimensions just because he met his goal. He's the type of person to jump right in and disagree or try find a way to stop it if it means people are going to get hurt, so I just find it strange that Kouta doesn't really attempt to deny Sagara his role.

Also, what was up with the audio this episode when blonde-Kouta is talking? Did they forget to put the windsock on or something? Or forgot to ADR it? Hope they clean that up in the DVD release...
 
Last edited:
Also, what was up with the audio this episode when blonde-Kouta is talking? Did they forget to put the windsock on or something? Or forgot to ADR it? Hope they clean that up in the DVD release...

It is not a mistake, only the effect of him talking just like Blonde Mai's echoey voice.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top