Kamen Rider Gaim Ep 46 - "The Fated Victor"

Sagara is a multi-dimensional eldritch horror that exists to give power to species and help them evolve. He's a force of nature, you can't "resolve" or stop those. You'd have an easier time removing the evil from the heart of man.

But that's a rule of the universe and the whole point of Kouta's resolve was he wanted to break those rules. Wouldn't it have been more satisfying and ironic if he had found a way to break Sagara's rules as well?
 
I liked most of the ending, although I wasn't happy with Sagara being treated as a neutral force and escaping. I'd love to believe Movie Wars would do something about it, especially because it'll be really weird to have Kouta having problems with random monsters after this episode, but Movie Wars seems to always fail to actually resolve any left over threats from the tv show...

Was it explained

And [HIDE]Why the **** are Kouta and Kaito back in the trailer next week? Kaito could be a flashback, since he's beside the tree where he and Mai played as kids, but that sure looks like Kouta ...[/HIDE]

Regarding the next episode preview,

[hide]It's mentioned that Kouta isn't around anymore and they have to fight against Jam by themselves. But then we get the visual scenes with Micchy hugging Kouta and both fighting together. In the official site, there's also a picture of Man of Beginning Kouta. I guess what will happen is that Kouta will return to deal with Jam, initially seemingly back in human form, cue the scene with people welcoming Kouta, but will reveal his Man of Beginning form when he uses Kiwami towards the ending.

Don't know about Kaito though. I guess they could just have some excuse to bring him back. It wouldn't be that odd after Takatora. Alternatively, it could be Jam disguised as him if he has abilities similar to Mars'.[/hide]
 
I don't know about Kaito, might be a flashback I guess.

And as for Kouta, I agree with NeonZ. This would also be a good farewell moment from Kouta to all his friends, unlike this episode where he left unbeknownst to anyone.
 
But that's a rule of the universe and the whole point of Kouta's resolve was he wanted to break those rules. Wouldn't it have been more satisfying and ironic if he had found a way to break Sagara's rules as well?

Well I can't say for sure since no subs, but I think Kouta and Mai resolved to be the Batman to Sagara's Joker.
 
Well I can't say for sure since no subs, but I think Kouta and Mai resolved to be the Batman to Sagara's Joker.
...Not really.

They just threw away their life on Earth to create a new one on a new world. Sagara can't do anything, because it is a solution. I guess it makes sense but eh, it's kind of weak.
 
...Not really.

They just threw away their life on Earth to create a new one on a new world. Sagara can't do anything, because it is a solution. I guess it makes sense but eh, it's kind of weak.

One of my problems with that soltuton to the Inves problem is that it doesn't seem like something Kouta would do.
 
One of my problems with that soltuton to the Inves problem is that it doesn't seem like something Kouta would do.

Exactly. It feels like the easy way out. I liked that in Blade, Kenzaki tried to defy fate and only after realizing he couldn't, decided to leave. Here, Kouta doesn't try to defy Sagara at all, which I find disappointing.
 
Man, that was an anticlimatic final battle. Sure it was badass of what Kouta did there but it was rather forced to have Kaito be fatally wounded by that especially when he's an Overlord, who's supposed to take more than that to be killed...
 
Exactly. It feels like the easy way out. I liked that in Blade, Kenzaki tried to defy fate and only after realizing he couldn't, decided to leave. Here, Kouta doesn't try to defy Sagara at all, which I find disappointing.

Kouta basically gave Sagara a big F-you by moving all the Inves and the forest to a new world, finding a solution to what Sagara wanted him to do: destroy the current world and create a new world. Kouta actually kept the current world and created a new world at the same time, sacrificing only himself in the lonely world with Mai. Even Sagara is impressed. I would say that's a pretty good ending.
 
Um, Kouta basically gave Sagara a big F-you by moving all the Inves and the forest to a new world, finding a solution to what Sagara wanted him to do: destroy the current world and create a new world. Kouta actually kept the current world and created a new world at the same time, sacrificing only himself in the lonely world with Mai. Even Sagara is impressed. I would say that's a pretty good ending.

Yes, it's a solution indeed, but I was expecting Kouta to actually legitimately defy Sagara as a being. This solution in theory is a good thing - it saves the Earth, it solves both problems and Kouta was already quite prepared to make the sacrifice. But Sagara and Helheim are just going to keep with their trail of destruction, which IMO should've have been something Kouta wouldn't accept. Even if there was just a scene of Kouta trying to punch Sagara, I would have been okay with that.

It just felt like an underwhelming way to show this, that's all.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top