Kamen Rider Gaim Ep 40 - "The Overlords Awaken"

What a fantastic episode. Gaim's rolling on all cylinders and I hope the last several episodes are as great as OOO's last few episodes, which was really the last series with a great third act.

Redyue's use of hypnosis to show an alternate reality/the future when Kouta becomes an Overlord was a great way of showing instead of telling. Too much time (particularly with Roshuo and Sagara) do we get just exposition on top of exposition, and I love how Gu-san delivers his lines as Sagara and Roshuo's voice actor (who reminds me of the El of Water), but showing instead of telling is great.

I love how Urobuchi just mediates on the destiny and choices of those who wield tremendous power. Those in power are, as much as they would deny it, outcast from normal people because of it. In addition to that, I got some interesting Decade vibes from Sagara's quote of "The creator of a new world is the destroyer of old".

And putting the Fruit of Knowledge within Mai...wow. We still haven't resolved Alternate Mai at all too.

The 40s are where things start to get rolling, and I'm really excited to see what journey Urobuchi takes us on.
 
You know during the end after Kouta de-transforms, I was surprised of the background music being so, uplifting instead of a sad one. Also, since we seen with Demusha power up when eating the fruits does Kouta method of using his belt to get nourishment help him to keep his human body after showing symptoms of becoming an Overlord?
 
That dream scene was quite dark considering it was literally a parallel to Hase's experience after he turned into an Inves.

Micchi's Genesis Driver will break, calling it now. It's like Gamel in OOO, who had his Cores broken but didn't die until receiving a blow from the Birth bros.

Well Kaito did land some hits on the driver, and Ryouma is back at Master Control going through tape of Mitchy's action, so he'll probably do something to him. Plus it would add up with earlier rumors of Mitchy and Mai ending up in the hospital. Wouldn't it be funny if Mitchy's suit was malfunctioning and Jounochi took that chance to land a finishing plow to destroy the Genesis Driver.
 
So, Redyue has an ability that pretty similar to Genjutsu in Naruto universe.

So far, there's 3 ways for people to transform into Inves:
1. Eating Helheim fruit/premature Lockseed (e.g. Yuuya, Hase, and other people in Helheim and Zawame)
2. Repeat use of higher level lockseed such as Kiwami (e.g. Kouta).
3. Getting wounded by Femushinmu (e.g. Kaito). Well, it's actually premature to say that Kaito will end up as Inves.
 
That instant Kouta found his resolve and proceed to break the illusion, the BGM, so much manly tears.

Funny that the four Inves minus Redyue in the dream are the Four Gods, Byako, Seiryu, Suzaku and Genbu...the team is complete lol
 
I really liked this episode. You can really feel the desperation this episode from Gaku Sano, especially the scene where he dragged himself under the tarp to hide from Yuya.
Props to the suit actor for making Yuya feel pretty different than Kouta when in the Gaim suit, despite it being brief. Also, I love Yuya's henshin pose more than Kouta's.
Baron vs Zangetsu-Shin was pretty good as well.
 
LOL at Kaito just kicking the machine and it stopped working instantly.

Duke is starting to remind me of Diend...

And also I think defeating Zangetsu Shin will be Gridon and Bravo's moment of glory in this series.
 
I really liked this episode. You can really feel the desperation this episode from Gaku Sano, especially the scene where he dragged himself under the tarp to hide from Yuya.
Props to the suit actor for making Yuya feel pretty different than Kouta when in the Gaim suit, despite it being brief. Also, I love Yuya's henshin pose more than Kouta's.
Baron vs Zangetsu-Shin was pretty good as well.

Ya I agree with you that Seeing Yuya henshin was nice. It would be cool to see how it would have turn out.
 
That was pretty intense!

Anybody else get the feeling that Sagara is one those kings with 'nowhere to go'? He's an outcast in his world because of the power he gained and he's just following Helheim as it spills into other worlds, seeing who else could end up his travel buddy?
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top