Kamen Rider Gaim Ep 30 - "The Red and Blue Kikaider"

- Is there a significance to the Pinocchio tickets shown at the end, beyond simply the "imitation-wants-to-be-a-real-man"?

It's basically that. IIRC, the Kikaider manga itself had some Pinocchio references too.

I like this episode, but is this supposed to be a tie-in to the movie? If so I presume it takers place before or within the movie. Or is it completely unrelated?
Tie in to the movie, takes place before the movie.

And why air this episode in the middle of an arc instead of after it? It would fit better that way.

Likely just to line up with the movie's debut on theaters.
 
- What is the song Jiro plays on his guitar?
I don't know if it has a name, but the Jiro of the original series used to carry an acoustic guitar around with him and would play that tune to announce his presence to the bad guys (between Kikaider and Zubat it seems to be a thing Ishinomori really liked for a while). It's one of the few parts of the episode that I can point to and say "now that's Kikaider".

As much as the constant robot noises and muted delivery of the new Jiro were annoying, they were at least more consistant than the original, who used to insist to the female lead that he wanted her to think of him as a normal person rather than a machine, then in the next scene would be freely and openly talking to everyone in the room about being a machine. That inconsistency was even more annoying to me (in part because it was written in as a very transparent excuse to not fix the character's contrived and easily-solved weakness) :redface2:
And why air this episode in the middle of an arc instead of after it? It would fit better that way.
Because the movie's out this week. Just as the Gavan episode of Go-Busters aired the week the Gavan movie came out.
So the movie does take place in the Neo Heisei universe? This Kikaider's essentially like the revamped Kyodain, Daitetsujin 17, Inazuman, Akumaizer 3 and Poitrine?
I do envy you free spirits who dare to dream that there's an actual though-out continuity to modern Rider :anime:
 
I'm not sure it would even be possible to air it after an arc - Gaim's storytelling is a lot more serialised than most Kamen Rider series, and it tends not to have discrete arcs with a clear start and finish. The only time I can really think of that it has is the first eleven episodes or so.
 
I'm not sure it would even be possible to air it after an arc - Gaim's storytelling is a lot more serialised than most Kamen Rider series, and it tends not to have discrete arcs with a clear start and finish. The only time I can really think of that it has is the first eleven episodes or so.

There are a few places where you could throw in episodes like this, even in the recent arcs, like between episodes 24 and 25, and 25 and 26, where the episodes weren't continuing directly after the previous one.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top