Kamen Rider Gaim Ep 29 - "The Overlord King"

I admit, I did love the ridiculous hammerspace moments in this episode. "Oh, let me just reach behind my back and pull out something that couldn't possibly have been there."
 
Takatora using normal Zangetsu would own Micchy as Zangetsu-Shin. :laugh:

On a serious note...does this mean Takatora will revert back to normal Zangetsu since he no longer has the Genesis Driver?

I don't think Takatora actually has his Sengoku Driver with him, he wouldn't have taken the mass produced one from Roshuo if he did.

Never in a while has the hammerspace concept been so flagrantly abused this episode. The Genesis Driver isn't exactly small, but presumably Kaito and Micchy have it stored up their arses while also carrying their Sengoku Drivers. There's hammerspace, and then there's blatant hammerspace like this that really pulls me out from the show at times. I know I shouldn't question Rider logic, but I'm doing it anyway. :sweat:

You've forgotten about Ouja and his VenoVisor, that's a massive stuck that no butt can contain. :laugh:

But I think they've done well with the editing this episode cos the Sengoku Driver vanished into thin air seamlessly. :thumbs:
 
Eh, Takatora probably had his Sengoku Driver and Melon Lockseed stashed somewhere, so provided that he can get to it, we'll finally see the "true Zangetsu" again:P. (see what I did there?)

My one complaint in this episode is, like others have said, the 'fake' Zangetsu drama needs to only stay as long as is effective, and go away soon. Kouta could only be so gullible; if anything, he above all others knew Takatora couldn't have gone down that easily and would absolutely trash him if he didn't go all out. The conclusion should come to him sooner or later. Ah well, I'll just wait for the next episode two weeks from now. That's when the story will kick in again.

I like Kikaider, I like his concept and his !new! designs, and I look forward to the crossover. But really? You couldn't wait until we finished a plot and jumped in on a cliffhanger:redface2:? At least the ToQ crossover had the decency to wait until Kouta got Kachidoki.

And no, I don't think the crossover will have anything to do with the ongoing plot. It's a standalone episode, as far the preview goes. And beside, you can't make a crossover episode story-significant. You can't have a guest character from another show become involved in the narrative.
 
And no, I don't think the crossover will have anything to do with the ongoing plot. It's a standalone episode, as far the preview goes. And beside, you can't make a crossover episode story-significant. You can't have a guest character from another show become involved in the narrative.

It's that attitude that hurts Toei's crossovers. There's no reason everything needs to stop and focus on the guest just because he's around. I think there'd be much less hesitation about Kikaider's appearance if the show's plot were continuing in spite of his presence. The Showa Rider series often had past hero appearances right in the middle of final arcs or big turning points of the shows (like introduction of upgrades).
 
You can't have a guest character from another show become involved in the narrative.

Why not?
You just need to expand the universe.
Kikaider has his own villains to fight and his own people to protect, which already gives him an excuse not to stay and help Gaim.

You don't need to hit the brakes every time a guest character appears.
As a comic book geek, I am very accustomed to the idea of having outsiders jump into the plot, and I wish it would happen more often in Tokusatsu.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top