Kamen Rider Drive - News/Rumours Thread 1

Well what do you know Drive does have bug eyes like a true kamen rider after all but a mouth piece which looks like something used for sentai.

Yeah I'm totally digging the bug eyes, not the traditional bug eyes like Fourze but unique along the lines of Gaim's bug visor lol. In defense of the mouth piece, I really like it, the exhaust pipes are a neat touch. And also his spoiler on his head could be interpreted as the horn/antennae like Gaim's kuwagata on his helmet
 
1686a8n.jpg


The Toy figure makes his diagonal tire look way too bulky and ugly. But the actual suit has a better balance. Two Words: Draft Redder. YES!!! My Super Robo Police Kamen Rider has come to life. Finally a Main Rider design that's a Kamen Rider/Metal Hero hybrid.
 
I really wanna see a clearer image of the official suit soon because between it and the toy, kiiind of like the toy's helmet more and I'm not sure why. The rest of it I can kinda dig.

A friend also pointed out how clear the visor on the toy was, which made me notice there's a bit more going on with the suit's visor, like there's some more color near the center - I think this is probably just a matter of the gimmick figures having basic paint, but do we know what the gimmick figures do? Or can I assume light up visors like Wizard?
 
Not a completely negative gut reaction against the design, unlike OOO, Fourze, and Gaim (two of which I now love), but it will take me a little while to get use to him.
 
Kamen Ride, D-D-D-Drive!

The diagonal tire reminds me of Decade.:laugh:

It does seem to be a lot sharper (eg, his shin guards, forearm guards, and shoulders are pointy) than the usual edgy(more square, or edges) design our other riders have.
 
I think it's a very safe suit design. It's not anything really unique, like Gaim's was, or especially cool like Wizard's was, but it looks nice. It won't take any time for me to get used to it, but looking at it, something feels a little too safe. I think it's better to have a suit that looks horrid at first, then once you get used to it, looks pretty cool, than a really kind of boring/generic suit that you get used to right away, but brings nothing to the table, nor looks extremely cool either. Falls in the same category as Agito and Den-O, maybe. Den-O did have a unique visor though.

Also, anyone else still wondering what the tires even do?
 
Last edited:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top