Kamen Rider Drive - News/Rumours Thread 1

and some use biological transformations so you're looking at their actual changed faces rather than a mask.

That part isn't a later addition; Although not biological, as early as V3, it was established that V3's transformed form was his real form after he was reborn as a Kamen Rider (it's only made completely clear when he faces Riderman near the ending of the show though).
 
Which also applies to the original Kamen Riders, X, Amazon, Stronger, Sky Rider, ZX, Black...basically all of the original Riders.
 
Faiz, Blade, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze and Gaim all have Riders with insect features of some kind, some just more than others.

Or maybe Drive will have bug eyes. How can you make that bold assumption when we only know two confirmed things about Drive(the series name and the belt name), a very very blurry spy shot of the possible Rider and no clue what Toei's doing in the coming years ..Like Black Fang and like I've said numerous times, ALL riders have insect-LIKE features of some kind. Rather it's the bug mouth, bug eyes, or an antennae like design(except Hibiki because he wasn't originally designed to be a Rider), NOT saying they are bug themed.........I say this literally EVERY thread or forum when people say "all riders aren't bugs" omfg shut up and learn the difference! .....>:(



That's true
 
It's disappearing because people don't believe in it anymore. Kinda like Santa. And the Tooth Fairy.

Seriously, and in fairness, OOO and Fourze had a proliferation of Rider Kicks. It was just Wizard and Gaim that turned it into a figment of the imagination.

Well that's what you get when you have a weapon-based Rider. If Drive doesn't have a weapon (for the most part) (i.e. Double CycloneJoker and Kiva's Kiva Form) then you have room to add kicks. Throw in a Sword and you NEED Rider Slash finishers.
 
Fourze was the last rider that had bug eyes. I doubt we will see them again anytime soon.

Beast had the bug eyes despite having a chimera motif.

And just about all of the Armored Riders except Kurokage have bug eyes. Gaim's single "eye" is divided in Kachidoki Arms to make the more typical "insect" face.
 
Ok ok, alot of that I wasn't aware of til now. So thank you for the information, especially about the Bandai toyline part. I admit, the show has evolved and adapts but I still do care about the tradition and structure. So I can agree to disagree on that :)
Sorry if I went a bit overboard with examples, I was just trying to demonstrate that nothing's really sacred to the people in charge of the franchise's fate. Perhaps I'm overly cynical about it, but everything I've heard tends to indicate that Toei and Bandai are only concerned about wringing every last yen from the franchise, and don't really have any time for sentiment. :disappoin
That part isn't a later addition; Although not biological, as early as V3, it was established that V3's transformed form was his real form after he was reborn as a Kamen Rider (it's only made completely clear when he faces Riderman near the ending of the show though).
I'll be honest I just threw it in there because it's something of a default childish response of mine whenever people make the "they have to have bikes - it says 'Rider' in the title" argument. It says 'masked' in the title too, but they're not all covering their faces. :shakefist

Anyway, it's all academic until the series starts and we either do or don't get a bike :sweat:
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top