Kamen Rider Drive - News/Rumours Thread 1

Either way, using Foundation X in a Sentai crossover would have been dumb. They're weapon merchants, not an organization aiming global conquest, why would they be involved with heroes from another universe?

I'm pretty sure they would be very interested in what that other universe has to offer. Krim was considering Ninningers' powers something like magic.. Who wouldn't want to get hold of those powers and see what they can do with them??? AKA. Make weapons.
 
Either way, using Foundation X in a Sentai crossover would have been dumb. They're weapon merchants, not an organization aiming global conquest, why would they be involved with heroes from another universe?

When you put it that way, I'd like to see a SHT movie with Metalder and Foundation X allied with some remnant of the Neros Empire.
 
My issue with the whole thing is that the Taisen movie is going nowhere because of the fact that the movies are obvious replacements of the Den-O movies. Even the new one sounds like a remake of the OOOs and Den-O movie.

On the Foundation X subject, hmmmm... That's actually a good argument that it wouldn't change the quality of the movies. Still, it would be nice to conclude a plot point that has been up in the air since Fourze.

I really just wish they'd use something other than Shocker... I guess they did okay with Z (though it's still a mediocre movie), but now we're back to where we started with KRTaisen and GP. Seriously, the Taisen movies is pretty much predictable to the point the Japan is starting to not care.
 
I really just wish they'd use something other than Shocker... I guess they did okay with Z (though it's still a mediocre movie), but now we're back to where we started with KRTaisen and GP. Seriously, the Taisen movies is pretty much predictable to the point the Japan is starting to not care.

That has a lot to do with the same formula that they use for the movies. Movies War, Summer movies all the same, every year. Why do the Kamen Riders have to fight some giant cgi death monster at the end?? Thats what Super Sentai is for. No point in including other heroes if they aren't integral to the story. I don't like the way the Sentais just randomly show up to fight the monster. I'm still wondering what they have in store for us next year. Anniversary year for both Rider and Sentai. Are we going to get a Taisen movie with both franchises together or separate movies? I hope for the latter. I want the writers to change up the formula for the movies, its getting stale.
 
^ How about two separated movies leading to a third one featuring both franchises? They did release three movies in a row for Den-O back in 2010
 
They should ditch the current Movie War formula while they are at it. I hate how we only get 15 minutes of both casts teaming up. I would like to see a full hour of cross over shenanigans.
 
I really just wish they'd use something other than Shocker... I guess they did okay with Z (though it's still a mediocre movie), but now we're back to where we started with KRTaisen and GP. Seriously, the Taisen movies is pretty much predictable to the point the Japan is starting to not care.

But SHTZ had one of the worst uses of Shocker, making them all just lackeys of another villain group and making Shadowmoon randomly Shocker's commander. They could have been replaced by any other past villain group without changing anything. They were basically just thrown there to be blown up even before the final battle.

Although Badan is similar to Shocker, Kamen Rider Taisen was concluding a plot point, since Badan had never been completely destroyed and the ZX special ended in a cliffhanger originally. They also differentiated Badan further from Shocker, with the "Kingdom of the Dead" reveal.
 
Honestly I don't Space Shocker was much more than bodies reanimated by Madou's magic to do their dirty work until they could revive Psycho. They just used the Shocker name to inspire fear or whatever. I realise the Kyodain still having their own will kind of blows a hole in that theory, but don't know what else to say on it.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top