Kamen Rider Drive Episode 17-"Who can control Dead Heat?"

1423351374035.avif
It's Gou's turn to use Dead Heat

Episode Points:
  • Backstory for Rinna
  • Debut of Dead Heat Mach
  • Brain is jealous of Medic
  • Harley Henderson appears
  • Next episode is a Gen focus arc
  • Death flag for Brain?
  • Medic programmed Chase to protect Roidmudes instead of humans. Medic was able to reprogram him properly because she cared enough to truly understand him
  • Kiriko gets payback for Gou's comments in the last episode

This is my first time doing a episode discussion thread on this forum
 
The way I understood it, Brain felt it was important that Chase still continue to be able to do his job as a Reaper. What Medic did stops it from happening.

I think Medic doing it this way is going to bite Heart in the behind later.
 
weird, I thought I saw a thread for this already. Oh well.
that still of DH Mach makes it just look like his undermask with some Lisa-Simpson-Style Terror Braces. Liked this episode, but I really thought that Brain was super Jealous of Medic getting all of Heart's attention...which was weird...
 
Oh Professor Harley you insane, over-acting genius. Please be in more episodes; You're just so much fun. :sweat: I thought I'd be disappointed if you turned out to be any actor other than the one that payed Ramirez in Kyoryuger, but they found a Japanese hillbilly who knew exactly how to make that a memorable minor character.

Wasn't Brain's schtick that he's unemotional? They kinda blew that here. He's more emotional than the guy who's meant to be emotional. What's that tiny speck up in the sky? Could it be the bridge they're about to drop on him?

I kinda liked that scene when Rinna told her ex she never wanted to see him again. It was a great acting moment and she really got the emotion across throughout this episode (at least she did for me, though I'm only a few years younger than her so that whole "forever alone" angst is starting to creep into me and my friends :sweat: Maybe if you're younger you won't get it so much?). Which makes it even more jarring when they cut from that straight to her horribly fake crying tantrum back at the base. :redface2:

Kiriko doesn't even transform, and yet she probably delivers the best Rider Kick in years during this episode :laugh:

Hmm I'm still not keen on Dead Heat. I like the concept behind the toy - a figure that can transform from one Rider to another - but the execution ends up looking like a rushed kitbash suit.
 
Last edited:
- I still care very little for Rinna... Professor Harley, on the other hand, should be the one helping Belt-san.
- Also I called it about Brain hating Medic because he wants to be Heart's number 1.
- Overall, this episode was decent.
 
- Density shift detector
- Density shift neutralizer
- Bullet that can penetrate Roidmude armor
- Shoe that can deliver awesome kick

Put it together and modify it so it is easier to use then we get poor version of Kamen Rider.
Krimm developed Drive, Harley develoved Mach, I hope they let Rinna develop her own rider system for Kiriko.
 
- Density shift detector
- Density shift neutralizer
- Bullet that can penetrate Roidmude armor
- Shoe that can deliver awesome kick

Put it together and modify it so it is easier to use then we get poor version of Kamen Rider.
Krimm developed Drive, Harley develoved Mach, I hope they let Rinna develop her own rider system for Kiriko.

and then Kiriko falls victim to the Female Rider Curse.
 
This episode, which already was pretty standard and uninteresting, was made even worse by that horrific CG when Prof. Harley entered and exited the Drive Pit on his bike. I cannot believe the staff let that slide, but I guess that's all the proof we need that there isn't a hint of quality control in this show.
 
Upon rewatching the episode, the gift that Professor Hendrickson gave to Rinna and Krim must be the schematics for Type Formula!! It has checkered flag gift wrap!! Nice foreshadowing.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top