I can't really say much that hasn't been said. It was good. About a 3.5 on this 5 point scale. A lot of pretty, very little substance. A couple acting skills leaves a little to be desired. But both will be handled soon I'm sure, by episode 4 I'd think it will be solid. We'll know what the **** is going on and settle in for the ride.
My only complaint, is the opening. Song - it was ok. Not good, not bad.. but ok. It could grow on me, but adding another verse would go along way. The animation? Crap. Pure and simple. I'd like to think my past has allowed me to have a little ground to speak on the matter; but still just my opinion. I didn't like it one bit, looks like someone spent one afternoon on it and threw in a couple "cool" photoshop tricks.
However I do look forward to making a fan intro

Watch for it.
"Kamen Rider" .. is ok, I guess. It'll grow on me, on all of us.. I'm sure. I was fine with the unique naming and "Initiate" in the pilot. I think people's main problem was Matt's delivery, not the line. I don't think it needed to be changed. Hell, even "Let's ride" or "Gear Up" would have worked. But oh well, it's still cool.
All in all, an awesome premiere. I'm geared up, and the wait for January 3rd will be hard. I can't wait to follow this series to the end and hopefully beyond.
Now, as a side topic: I know it's in bad manner to ask for an encode 30 mins after it airs; trust me, I'd be the first yelling at a peon. But seriously, it's now almost 6pm. So the honest question, Is
anyone encoding this? Just wondering. Or are we all just
assuming someone is?
EDIT: Just remembered one thing tho, I don't think anyone has pointed it out. Apparently they've done away with the whole reversed imagery. Even cutting out the "woah, the sign's backwards" shots and reversing the shot when Kit falls down the orange signage. Yet there's still a focus on mirrors.. I think that's gonna be kinda weird.
But I can see why the decision was made. Probably had a bit to do with production problems, you could see it unraveling as Ryuki went along as well.
And one thing that's bugged me since the pilot/trailer came out.. what exactly is Ventara? "The world behind your mirrors". O.k., is it a mirror to our universe.. but not mirrored? Or is it an industrial wasteland taken over by Xaviax? Or both? Somehow? Hopefully they touch a bit more on that.