Kamen Rider Dragon Knight is Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's not like the actors are short of work; Mark Dacascos still has Iron Chef America, and Stephen Lunsford can always give us stuff like this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cbm8zifAtg[/ame]
 
^That's because of it's poor marketing. Poor marketing by the one and only 4kids Entertainment. If CN handled that show then I think CN would give it an astronomical scale of awesomeness.

CN, the place where Naruto got shafted with only 10 eps. left and One Piece got cancelled because it's new dub wasn't a "sudden smash hit"?

D:
 
I've not watched Kamen Rider Dragon Knight yet, but I know my niece and nephew (who are 9 and 10, they are also fans of both showa and Heisie era Kamen Rider shows, that I shared with them ) like it.


This happens all the time to tv shows. Back in 2002 Fox canceled Firefly only after 12 to 13 episodes(forgot the exact amount) had aired and they released the unaired eps on their dvd boxset. This was due to the fact that they ran it on Friday night in a 8 pm time slot(when most of America has gone out for the evening) and that they did not advertise the show much.

Remember Space Above and Beyond back in 1995-1996. It had high ratings and also It was nominated for two Emmy Awards and one Saturn Award.
But Fox still canceled it too after 1 season!!!

A show ending actually all comes down to "business politics", etc..

They don't care what the fans think. They only care about what they deem appropriate for tv!!!!


More than likely the last 2 eps will eventually appear on the internet.
This is a sad Day for American Tokusatsu fans, but at least we still have the original Japanese shows to watch.

:coolshades::coolshades::coolshades:

:castlerock: :buttrock: :thumbs:

someone with reason
 
CN, the place where Naruto got shafted with only 10 eps. left and One Piece got cancelled because it's new dub wasn't a "sudden smash hit"?

D:

Naruto got shafted because Toonami went out of business, and I do believe that it ended...in here where I am...I saw until Naruto left with Jiraya

and One Piece because it was in another channel...4kids...or something like 4kids

CN would have done great...just look at Ben10. its doing great for a decent show.
 
Steve Wang has confirmed this on Facebook:

Thanks everyone! Tony, my show got cancelled by the CW and will run for another 2 weeks, the problem is that last 2 episodes will not air and the fans are upset that they watched 38 episodes of a show and won't get to see the ending.

I did get confirmation that 4kids WILL post the last 2 episodes on their website so hopefully that will lessen the grief the fans are dealing with.
 
Naruto got shafted because Toonami went out of business, and I do believe that it ended...in here where I am...I saw until Naruto left with Jiraya

and One Piece because it was in another channel...4kids...or something like 4kids

Naruto's problems started before Toonami got cut so, wrong. (And, One Piece's (tv) problems didn't start till after 4kids.)
 
Yeah, they sabotaged it SO much by airing it at a fairly consistent time. 11:30 is SO unreliable.
READ MY POST. They DID NOT air it consistently. That was the point of my post. They advertised it for one time and then AIRED IT at a completely different block. They switched the time slot THREE TIME where I live. And it was completely random because even TiVo still had the listing on the original time slot. I know this because I set it to record every showing of KRDK and a couple of times it recorded something completely different, with KRDK being listed for that time. If this is happening at other locations, I believe it's a fairly good guess that maybe that's a big part of why there were poor ratings.

4Kids treated it no differently than any other show on its block.
Here's my question then. What are the actual numbers in comparison with ratings of other shows? Are the ratings for the show really that bad? Or are the ratings for all the shows 4Kids has about the same poor ratings and they just kicked out the new guy? I mean, it's not like 4Kids is known for their honesty or anything. They say they're canceling the show for their new airings in January, and yet there are hour blocks for three 30 minute shows that are all reruns because there are no new episodes for them.

That's an issue with Bandai, not 4Kids. And Kamen Rider is not an established franchise in the US anyway. What did you think they were gonna do--give it a whole aisle?
Yeah, it probably is an issue with Bandai. But the thing is, there weren't even half as much advertising for toys of the series as there were for things like Bakugan and Chaotic toys when they came out.

It is SUCH a load of bull when a poorly-rated show gets canceled. What a travesty! >:(
When a show is sabotaged from the beginning, yes it is a load of bull.

But I thought stalling the second half of the show was such a great way to get new viewers?
Since when? All it does is allow for people to forget about the show. It's not like prime time shows where there's an obvious start and stop for one season and then a follow up season. They stopped a show right in the middle. Instead of stopping it in the middle and then showing reruns in some kind of half-assed attempt to gain interest, why not, oh I don't know, show last week's episode on a Friday after schools are usually let out and kids are home.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top