Kamen Rider Dragon Knight is Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a song to the tune of Allie RX's Convoy no Nazo song..

[HIDE]Al Khan made 4Shame..
..Entertainment and it's really lame!!
All of their show are a loaaaad... of..

Bullshit2.gif


BULLSHIT!!!

All their dubs of Anime
Sucked a load of cock and were really gay!!
Plus their version of Ultraman Tiga was..

Bullshit2.gif


BULLSHIT!!!

Now they've cancelled Dragon Knight..
Makes me wanna invite Al Khan to a fight
And beat him to a worthless pulp of..

Bullshit2.gif


BULLSHIT!!!

I'm running out of lyrics
Coz 4Shame are really laaaame!!!
Everything about 4Shame.. is..

Bullshit2.gif


BULLSHIT!!!

The next day 4Kids announce..
That their next target is Korean shows
When they **** up Rayforce I'm gonna shout..

Bullshit2.gif


BULLSHIT!!![/HIDE]

I APPROVE OF THIS! :thumbs: This makes me happy on a sad, sad day.

Agreed!!

And I still wonder if Dragon Knight will air in the UK at all (preferably alongside Ryuuki).

Well it did have big success overseas, so a UK version is still a possibility. American Toku seems to be quite popular over there.

And I heard that the Canal 5/Televisa version has an English audio track when switching to SAP or something. Hopefully somebody encoded those.
 
Last edited:
For the most part, I have to agree with Sentinel King. However, I don't think all hope is lost. Tokusatsu properties have the potential to be good, successful, and appeal to a broader audience in America. The problem is that big production companies don't know how to tap into it or just can't do it right now. Either that or the right time hasn't come yet. Wanna know a good example? Godzilla (1998). It showed that with the endless possibility of CGI, Godzilla can do better in America. The problem is that it wasn't executed that well, hence why it got mostly negative reviews. And I'm surprised it did well in the box office at that time.

Remember when Anime only appealed to a cult following back in the day with very few of them being popular (Speed Racer, Voltron, etc.)? Thanks to blocks like Toonami and Adult Swim and thanks to shows like Pokemon, DBZ, Yu-Gi-Oh, and other popular anime that were consistently coming out, anime has become a mainstay genre in America. Internet exposure was also a part of this as well.

The same thing could happen to Toku. It's just that this time and generation just isn't the right one. The 90's wasn't too long ago.
 
I just think losing your faith in AMERICA (*Bandit Keith voice*) and blaming hte American people for the fail of DK is absolutely ridiculous.

It's all about marketing. Fail to market it, fail to produce a "set" of toys, fail to advertise the show, fail to put it in a proper time slot and IT WILL FAIL REGARDLESS OF QUALITY.

A lot of good shows die out and get **** treatment due to poor marketing. (ex. Arrested Development, no not Toku but a DAMN great show that got the **** end of the stick). Not to mention while watching DK I couldn't tell what audience they were targeting! Yeh it was a kids show, but was a little too serious for kids, but was too childish for most adults. It had a gray area which is hard to make work. YES if it had been on adult swim and a bit more adult it would have FLOURISHED. But that was the fault of whoever shopped around the show to networks.

DK wasn't the best Toku adaptation but it wasn't downright horrible. And to people who have no idea of the world of Toku YES it is an MMPR "ripoff". Because MMPR came first. It set the mold for American Toku and that's what people will always reference too. (Much in the way you may say "This cake is great, but not as great as my mom's")

It's all business. Don't blame America as a whole for it. If you hate how the Toku shows get treated then get yourself on the production staff of one and make some changes and give it proper treatment. Til then take what you can get and download the rest.
 
slow moving plot and bad acting tanked the show. You dont have to be oscar worthy. but damn they were stiff as a board all the time. Everything moved so slowly.

I appluad what they tried to do though with the action and the seriousness of the series and what not. Im not surprised it performed below expectations. I can see this show making a comeback on another channel, though. But we'll see.

I disagree. I think the writers catered to an older crowd rather than a younger one, and that hurt the show. It was buffy/angel type drama. It should have had some more pree 11 year old humor and fun. I liked it, but I am not the one it should have focused on for fans. The acting in kids shows like that has nothing to do with making or breaking a show. The acting in PR has never been any better, the same with older live action shows.
 
Bear in mind in all this that 4Kids is in fairly serious financial trouble and desperately flailing to find something to stabilize itself with as a company. I bet they only gave KRDK a shot hoping for that and then discarded it when it wasn't an MMPR-like immediate smash hit.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top