I would have loved for it to fit in perfectly but it really doesn't. This movie should be treated the same way Project G4 is(it is important to the story line and takes place around episode 40 but there are inconsistencies so it's not a good fit).
Don't misunderstand me. I don't think it fits perfectly, without any problems.
Although I haven't watched the movie, I've read several summaries by different people and know about several inconsistencies. However, they seem to be rather minor compared to the ones you get if you place the movie anywhere but between 29 and 30.
Besides the portrait problem, the other inconsistencies of that position are mostly related to unexpected reactions and inferences (Agito being friendly with Decade doesn't directly contradict the Rider War events happening afterwards, even though it doesn't fit well either. Although Yuusuke and Natsumi apparently don't know about Daishocker due to their reaction, there's no exposition confirming that they really knew nothing about it.).
It just can't fit anywhere else without creating much bigger contradictions, but, if Dai-Shocker's destruction really has been confirmed it can only fit there (it can't be before RX and Amazon because clearly Dai-Shocker was around with full force. It can't happen after the cliff hanger because apparently Dai-Shocker is already destroyed in the new movie that follows that cliffhanger).
That's not the same thing as having seen the movie. In fact, posting theories relating to a movie that you haven't seen but other members have really just makes you look presumptuous at best and a bit foolish at worst.
Wait until there's some subbed version of the movie circulating or at least a RAW. Even the best synopses leave out numerous details relating to a film and offer at best incomplete information.
Wait until there's some subbed version of the movie circulating or at least a RAW. Even the best synopses leave out numerous details relating to a film and offer at best incomplete information.
That won't happen until mid-February or mid-March (the "All Riders/Dai-Shocker" movie).........so it'll be awhile.
Plus another lil spoiler.......
[HIDE]Igadevil did mention in his "spoiler" synopsis of "All Riders/Dai-Shocker" that in the scene where Natsumi & Yuusuke were surprised when they heard of the name "Dai-Shocker," it was quickly confirmed within the movie about less than a minute after that scene that this was the same "Dai-Shocker" from the tv series. So Yuusuke & Natsumi were surprised at first, but in essence, they knew who Dai-Shocker was before the events of this movie occurred.[/HIDE]
Considering that in the last episode of Decade, all AU worlds went poof that'd mean that all the characters in the Den-O crossover movie probably died too. How morbid. D:
[HIDE]Igadevil did mention in his "spoiler" synopsis of "All Riders/Dai-Shocker" that in the scene where Natsumi & Yuusuke were surprised when they heard of the name "Dai-Shocker," it was quickly confirmed within the movie about less than a minute after that scene that this was the same "Dai-Shocker" from the tv series. So Yuusuke & Natsumi were surprised at first, but in essence, they knew who Dai-Shocker was before the events of this movie occurred.[/HIDE]
Well, to clarify, they do explicitly refer to (and show) a moment in the TV series, but for all we know it could end up like the Kiva movie, where it's "set in the TV series", except it fits nowhere.
I took that as them being surprised that it was Daishocker, like a "Daishocker was behind this!?" sort of thing, but that's my reading of the scene. I can also see how you would see it as Yuusuke saying "Daishocker?" like he hadn't heard of them... but then that opens up a whole new can of worms.
That's not the same thing as having seen the movie. In fact, posting theories relating to a movie that you haven't seen but other members have really just makes you look presumptuous at best and a bit foolish at worst.
I don't see why this is so bad. I've read 3 fairly comprehensive summaries from completely different sources. Is it the same thing as watching the movie? No. Certainly not.
But the main plot elements are all there and have been covered several times. There might be some minor problems with character reactions and other details that can't be described perfectly without actually having the movie while writing something, but it doesn't look like there's any significant plot element left out of those 3.
Edit: Also, I've never actually attempted to deny any facts provided by people who have actually watched the movie. I'm not saying they got scenes wrong or anything close to that.
Besides, I do have access to the tv series, and I saw the point where Dai-Shocker disappeared without any explanation, leaving only a single member, and now there's confirmation that it has been destroyed and that this new movie isn't about it either... it's not like I'm talking about the motivation of movie exclusive characters or actions taken by characters during the movie.
Wait until there's some subbed version of the movie circulating or at least a RAW. Even the best synopses leave out numerous details relating to a film and offer at best incomplete information.
I think this would be important if I were rating the movie's quality using only the summaries, because the execution is an extremely important part of the work too, not only the content, but I'm just talking about where it should fit with the tv series.
I think this would be important if I were rating the movie's quality using only the summaries, because the execution is an extremely important part of the work too, not only the content, but I'm just talking about where it should fit with the tv series.
Yeah, but you're assuming that you actually know the movie's complete relevant content from only reading three summaries, which is a little mind-boggling in its presumptiveness. Even the best summaries leave things out; that's what makes them summations.
I think what you've actually done is figured out where the movie should fit given the TV show's indicators. The problem here is that multiple persons who've seen the movie say that your theory just doesn't fit with the movie's contents. This would seem to conclusively indicate that there are relevant things in the movie not covered by any three of the summaries you've read.
Don't misunderstand me. I don't think it fits perfectly, without any problems.
Although I haven't watched the movie, I've read several summaries by different people and know about several inconsistencies. However, they seem to be rather minor compared to the ones you get if you place the movie anywhere but between 29 and 30.
Yeah, I know. It's like forcing the wrong shaped puzzle piece into the wrong place, except between 29 and 30 is the closest fit even if you have to break parts off to force it in.
Well, to clarify, they do explicitly refer to (and show) a moment in the TV series, but for all we know it could end up like the Kiva movie, where it's "set in the TV series", except it fits nowhere.
You mean the origin of the Decadriver and Natsumi remembering finding it?
Like I said in my previous post, we know it actually did already happen but the placement should be just left vague like with Project G4. Do you agree with that?:laugh:
That actually makes even less sense though. We are introduced to DaiShocker in the TV series, they make reference to Great Leader, show Shadowmoon and the DaiShocker castle and like I said so many times the destruction of Dai Shocker at the hands of all the riders is mentioned in the new scans meaning it did happen.