Kamen Rider Decade: All Riders vs. Dai-Shocker - TALK UP!

I would say Kabuto is the king of plot hole Kamen Rider Series.

To be honest, I felt the series of Kamen Rider Decade was structured the same way as Kabuto's series........hence why people bring up both Decade & Kabuto in the same category of "worst Rider series" in terms of storyline execution
 
To be honest, I felt the series of Kamen Rider Decade was structured the same way as Kabuto's series........hence why people bring up both Decade & Kabuto in the same category of "worst Rider series" in terms of storyline execution

I can see how some people feel that way, but myself I loved Decade. I watched it as a fanservice show. I also enjoyed the separate stories for each world.

I wanted to like Kabuto, and I did at first. But as the show went on, it fell apart. The only thing I enjoyed about Kabuto over all was Gatack.
 
^To cut it short... Decade is the plothole fanservice KR show with a lot of things left unexplained for the fans to wonder and scrutinize. This is what makes Decade more enjoying while being annoying at the same time.
The problem I have with that is there honestly wasn't enough fanservice for me. While I like seeing the Rider suits back in action, they're almost meaningless without the characters that brought them to life. That's why despite being poorly written, Black and Black RX's worlds are some of my favorite because it's actually Tetsuo Kurata.

That's probably just an age gap though, where we older viewers care more about characters and story while a six year old just wants to see cool looking Riders fight (not that we don't like that though).
 
To be honest, I felt the series of Kamen Rider Decade was structured the same way as Kabuto's series........hence why people bring up both Decade & Kabuto in the same category of "worst Rider series" in terms of storyline execution

I think there's a big difference between the problems of those two.

Decade has many unexplained elements, although most of them are tied to specific stuff of the individual worlds, there are some connected to the main plot, like Narutaki. However, it followed on the early foreshadowing, never contradicting it.

Kabuto, however, did contradict some foreshadowing. Yuri's drawings and Tendo's early comments about getting the belt from the sun turned out to be utterly irrelevant. In addition to that it also had some unexplained events, mainly how some secondary Riders ended up with their Zecters, although they're generally less vague than the unexplained mysteries left by Decade.

Still, I think Faiz has more plotholes than both. Just the Delta belt by itself takes the crown.
 
Last edited:
That's probably just an age gap though, where we older viewers care more about characters and story while a six year old just wants to see cool looking Riders fight (not that we don't like that though).

You know I am sorry, but that is rather insulting. I consider myself an older viewer, and I enjoy both story AND cool looking rider fights. Why must a person be a "6 year old" if they enjoy both?

I watch toku for everything. Story, fights, gadgets, mecha, you name it. My only problem comes when they don't mesh well together.
 
Still, I think Faiz has more plotholes than both. Just the Delta belt by itself takes the crown.

One of the more glaring plot holes for me was when Kaixa out of the kindess of his heart gave Faiz an upgrade. I mean where did he get it, and why would he be nice and give it away?
 
I think there's a big difference between the problems of those two.

Decade has many unexplained elements, although most of them are tied to specific stuff of the individual worlds, there are some connected to the main plot, like Narutaki. However, it followed on the early foreshadowing, never contradicting it.

Kabuto, however, did contradict some foreshadowing. Yuri's drawings and Tendo's early comments about getting the belt from the sun turned out to be utterly irrelevant. In addition to that it also had some unexplained events, mainly how some secondary Riders ended up with their Zecters, although they're generally less vague than the unexplained mysteries left by Decade.

Still, I think Faiz has more plotholes than both. Just the Delta belt by itself takes the crown.

In a sense you're right in terms of the differences between Decade & Kabuto.........but that's only evident in episodes that Yonemura didn't write. However, some small elements of Decade's finale (both the last 2 episodes and Decade's part of Movie War 2010) basically do the exact same thing as the Kabuto series. For instance, by the time the 2nd movie came out (and sadly, I can consider watching the bootleg cam rip as "watching the movie").....the 2nd movie kind of revealed that Wataru transforming into Kiva & Kenzaki transforming into Blade to destroy Decade was completely irrelevant. And you've also stated yourself in your Kabuto statement, there was a shitload of unexplained mysterious left behind towards the end of the Decade series that rival than that of Kabuto.

However to really explain what I truly meant about the two series being alike, it was basically how both Kabuto & Decade were chosen to be executed.

In reality if you truly examine both the Kabuto and Decade series, it is quite clear that the production crews of both shows cared more about the action scenes than about the execution of the storyline..........which is typical in most Yonemura-written series as of late. Compared to Inoue's "let's throw a bunch of random drama around" style of writing that does focus on the execution of storyline (although Inoue has done it poorly), it was quite clear that Decade and Kabuto were both series that were meant to be known for it's "ZOMG, look @ what he did" moments than the actual storyline development of the shows. Although I will say that Kabuto did have more character/storyline development than Decade when it came towards the whole Tendou/Yuri situation.
 
Just commenting some points of your message...

but that's only evident in episodes that Yonemura didn't write.

Yonemura followed the previous foreshadowing that was shown on screen. He might have contradicted the ideas of the producer, but his ideas are irrelevant if they didn't make it on screen, IMO.

the 2nd movie kind of revealed that Wataru transforming into Kiva & Kenzaki transforming into Blade to destroy Decade was completely irrelevant.

Eh... what? They needed to get Decade to accept that he needed to fight and kill Kamen Riders if he wanted to save the worlds. It wasn't irrelevant.

If you're talking about the producer's comments, that's his own thing.

(Spoilers for Movie War/Final chapter)
I've watched the movie, and it never says directly that Wataru isn't Wataru, and Decade does get a Blade card from killing Kenzaki/Blade, just like how he got a Kuuga card from killing Onodera.

Wataru Kurenai is used in a merely expository role, but I don't see how this makes the previous scenes irrelevant, unless you want to try to force the producer's statement into the series' plot.
 
You know I am sorry, but that is rather insulting. I consider myself an older viewer, and I enjoy both story AND cool looking rider fights. Why must a person be a "6 year old" if they enjoy both?

I watch toku for everything. Story, fights, gadgets, mecha, you name it. My only problem comes when they don't mesh well together.

I apologize if what I said implied something that I didn't mean. What I meant was that while little kids watch mostly for the flashy stuff, we would watch it when both enjoying that and enjoying added levels beyond that. I don't mean necessarily like a deep and complex story, but little things like consistency. The thing is that Toei seems to believe that their main audience (little kids) don't care for even that level of plot.

That's what I meant by the "not that we don't like that though." I'm saying we do like that stuff, but also more. I'm sorry for any confusion.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top