Kamen Rider Blade - Please share your thoughts!

Actually I like episode 1. I think it's a nice introduction. Of course it's not badass, but it shows complex relationship among the character and makes me so curious about the whole betrayal thing. I got hooked up right there. (Although the next 10 or so episodes seem kinda slow but then things get stronger and more curious:) )

Buuut I must admit this, the first time I saw episode 1 I was like :O_O: because I was almost unable to distinguish the characters right off the bat (lol, that seems like real chaos). Maybe that's because of the low quality video, but hey, they do look similar when you first set your eyes on them :laugh: but that's just me.


And yeah... I don't like the movie. It puts me again through the feeling of Kamen Rider Chalice overload and "Amane sucks ==" that I completely wiped off after the ending. It does have good stuff like the new gen Riders (Junichi!) and badass Tachibana though :thumbs:
 
I'm rather indifferent to episode 1 of Blade. It's not my favorite, but it didn't turn me off from watching the show or anything. They gave us a little bit of exposition before the chaos ensued, so I was able to follow what was going on. Obviously I catch more on subsequent viewings, since I already know the characters now, but it was fine the first time, too.

And Dusk, I think part of the reason I don't really like Missing Ace is because I hate all three of the new gen Riders. :shakefist Badass Tachibana is really the only good thing about it, for me.
 
I had two BIG problems with episode 1.

First, BOARD is completely destroyed and almost all the employees killed by the Locust Undead, seemingly by the betrayal of Garren. This in and of itself isn't a bad thing; I loved how the Riders had to pick themselves up and make do with their now limited means for the rest of the series. BUT the whole thing seems to be trying to pull some major emotional impact, but it's only the first episode! We don't know enough about BOARD to care! "Oh no, Tachibana betrayed us and took the Chief hostage?!" This would have been shocking, if wasn't the first episode and we'd seen more than one scene of Garren!

Second, Blade does jack-**** in this episode. He gets tossed around by the Bat Undead, and it ends on the cliffhanger of him getting his ass beat by the Locust. And unlike Riders like Ryuki and Kuuga, Blade has no excuse because he's at normal power! The first episode just makes him seem like a useless little wuss!

However, all is rectified in the AMAZING episode 2, and pretty much every single episode after that (in fact, Blade probably has one of the stronger storylines of modern Rider).

And by the way, I actually liked Missing Ace :)
 
I had two BIG problems with episode 1.

First, BOARD is completely destroyed and almost all the employees killed by the Locust Undead, seemingly by the betrayal of Garren. This in and of itself isn't a bad thing; I loved how the Riders had to pick themselves up and make do with their now limited means for the rest of the series. BUT the whole thing seems to be trying to pull some major emotional impact, but it's only the first episode! We don't know enough about BOARD to care! "Oh no, Tachibana betrayed us and took the Chief hostage?!" This would have been shocking, if wasn't the first episode and we'd seen more than one scene of Garren!

Second, Blade does jack-**** in this episode. He gets tossed around by the Bat Undead, and it ends on the cliffhanger of him getting his ass beat by the Locust. And unlike Riders like Ryuki and Kuuga, Blade has no excuse because he's at normal power! The first episode just makes him seem like a useless little wuss!

However, all is rectified in the AMAZING episode 2, and pretty much every single episode after that (in fact, Blade probably has one of the stronger storylines of modern Rider).

And by the way, I actually liked Missing Ace :)

He was still learning how to do his stuff. Having his place of work destroyed, seeing so many people dead, and knowing he couldn't stop it was a huge blow mentally to him in that episode. This is a case of people not really looking at the entire episode, and only putting their focus on ONE thing.
 
I thought the Blade movie was awful. It had none of the charm nor excitement that the tv series had. Having them spend that time just getting their cards back was stupid. Some of those undead they captured in a matter of seconds, took power ups and a long fights to capture in the series.
Being an alternative take on the series ending, I find Missing Ace a great Rider Movie, compared to stuff like Paradise Lost, the two Decade Movies, there's this other movie that really disappointed me as well but I forgot which Rider series it was. Eh...oh well. OH! Ryuki's Movie. Bleh. It's natural that they have improved enough to take down the undead they had to struggle to fight with before with ease now though. After what they had been through all this while. King Form, the catogory kings. Lots of hardships there especially on Kenzaki and Hajime's parts. Beside, plot convenience happens especially in cases like these. It's not like the movie went against what the whole series built upon either. So yeah.

Ditto Ditto.

I don't really like Missing Ace is because I hate all three of the new gen Riders. :shakefist Badass Tachibana is really the only good thing about it, for me.
We were meant to like em? D:

because I was almost unable to distinguish the characters right off the bat (lol, that seems like real chaos)
Me neither. =/

He was still learning how to do his stuff. Having his place of work destroyed, seeing so many people dead, and knowing he couldn't stop it was a huge blow mentally to him in that episode. This is a case of people not really looking at the entire episode, and only putting their focus on ONE thing.
THIS! Not to mention he is also new in the organization and the rider system.
 
Seems like at that time the hairstyle like that was popular. I was all confused when trying to distinguish who is who. Of course I know the voice, buuut...


The three new Riders are arrogant and annoying, but their fighting style is good and fast so :thumbs:

A female Rider, woot. Too bad she got killed :redface2: I'm still hoping Natsumi broke the curse on female Riders.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top