Actor Takayuki Tsubaki, who played Kazuma Kenzaki aka Kamen Rider Blade, was admitted to hospital on Tuesday evening after sustaining serious injuries. It appears that he got into an argument in the street with a passing motorcyclist. The motorcyclist's younger brother then arrived and beat him in the face with a golf club. The Tokyo Metropolitan Police are investigating and have arrested a man on suspicion of inflicting bodily injury.

Source

So he put out a tweet the other day apologising for his injuries. Idk if that's part of Japanese culture, but apologising for being assaulted seems a bit weird to me.

Either way, I hope he's ok in the long run.

Perhaps such an apology is more along the lines of "I could have done more" or something to that effect.

According to an Anime News Network report, Tsubaki has "fractures in his left cheekbone, upper jawbone, and nasal bone, as well as a bruises on the left side of his face, and bleeding in the conjunctiva of his left eye." Apparently his face is so swollen he looks unrecognisable. It will take him roughly six months to fully recover.

So he put out a tweet the other day apologising for his injuries. Idk if that's part of Japanese culture, but apologising for being assaulted seems a bit weird to me.
It was on his blog rather than twitter. I think the post he made mostly refers to the media attention, largely related to his 'former Kamen Rider star' status, and the response he has received from the public.

From what pitifully little I know about the Japanese language, it seems to be very much based around emphasising the humbleness and respectfulness of the speaker. So a message thanking fans for their support does tend to turn into a lot of 'I'm sorry if people were worried about me' type statements. There are some very literal translations of part of the post floating around and they seem to include all of that stuff. Here's an example I've seen circulating:

"First of all I will say, right now I am very sorry. I am sorry for causing you trouble and concern to the people who support me. I am sorry I made you worry. I love my work as Kamen Rider Blade and it is reassuring that I am in your thoughts...
...Currently, Kamen Rider Ex-Aid is being broadcasted, he is an excellent doctor and will take good care of me. I will be healing while watching it. Everyone is worried. Thank you so much. I fight destiny. And I will win."

Ever the pro, plugging the new show. :thumbs:

I got the impression that he was talking about his loved ones; family and such. When you learn that someone you care about is in the hospital, you don't exactly stay calm, you worry and obsess over them. Quite the humble thing to say, either way. Hard to believe this is the same guy that got into an argument that ended in violence. Are we sure he wasn't just defending himself?