Kamen Rider 2015-2016 New/Rumours Thread : Kamen Rider Ghost

Especially those two character archetypes. I want something new; Kouta was a breath of fresh air for me. I want Riders with more different personalities than the ones we got these past few years.

PS: (Maybe another Shouichi :3 )

And Kouta was different ... how?

Douchebag main Riders are bad for children. They set a terrible example. You can have a flawed character without making them a jerk. Especially since in Japan children are very much taught and expected to obey rules and be polite, etc; they won't get away with acting like Tendou or Tsukasa in the real world.
 
And Kouta was different ... how?

Douchebag main Riders are bad for children. They set a terrible example. You can have a flawed character without making them a jerk. Especially since in Japan children are very much taught and expected to obey rules and be polite, etc; they won't get away with acting like Tendou or Tsukasa in the real world.

Unless you want to join yakuza! :buttrock:
LOL :laugh:
 
PS: (Maybe another Shouichi :3 )


I would like to see that. While I haven't finished watching Agito (I have seen up to around episode 15) so I don't know if Shouichi changes personality-wise, another calm, kind, down-to-earth protagonist would be nice to see. Although since Ghost is very likely to be supernatural themed, we are more likely to get either someone who is crazy about Ghosts and the like (maybe a bit hyperactive) (perhaps like Gentaro from Fourze) or someone who is sceptical about them.
 
Kiva isn't that much better than Wizard. It all but wasted its horror motif.
Technically, if you look at Kiva from the angle of gothic literature (which makes perfect sense to do considering the focus on romance, vampires, vampire bloodlines, and so on), it didn't actually do all that bad. It could have done more with the monster stuff, but its issues came from elsewhere, I feel.

Anyway, personally, I'd just like someone more... defined? Like... Shinnosuke took like most of the first part of Drive finally just becoming a character rather than a list of traits that the show tells us he has, and he was really starting to feel like a good one once Gou showed up, but then they shoved the plot with his dad at us out of nowhere and it's like we've reset half of him.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind another Haruto-esque character. Haruto in the hands of a good writer would be awesome, in fact.

I'm just hoping for multiple Riders again. Which if you think about it is a weird term to use for "more than two/two and a third one that's not as important" like people use it for since that actually is covered under multiple Riders, but still, gimme that.
 
But his time on Decade was amazing. Decade sucked because they swapped him with Yonemura halfway through the show.

I agree. The Kuuga, Agito and some of the Faiz episodes were my favourites. It was clear that Aikawa understood the themes and moral lessons from each of those stories. I loved it when Ai begged Yuusuke to fight for everyone's smile. I loved it when Takumi fought for people's dreams to fill his empty self or his struggle to be accepted. I loved Shouchi's struggle with identity, belonging, fate and those sort of things.
 
How about a rider who's finding his place in the world? His place in society and what's his destiny to be and what legacy to leave behind for all to remember?
 
Off the top of my head, Tow Ubukata and Mari Okada. (For whatever reason, it seems anime scriptwriters don't tend to be as well-known as say, manga authors whose material get adapted into anime)

There is also Reiko Yoshida who has had some history working with Toei on their animation projects like Digimon and Saint Seiya Omega. And who is probably far less controversial than Okada.
 
How about a rider who's finding his place in the world? His place in society and what's his destiny to be and what legacy to leave behind for all to remember?

Sounds alot like Kouta from Gaim, if you ask me. Not that I'd complain, his story arc is one of my favorites in Kamen Rider, and Gaim is my favorite series. I think the only way they could really stray from the past completely would be to make the character a bit of an anti-hero at the start, which i doubt will happen because Kamen Rider from a cultural perspective is largely about showing kids how to take on more heroic, or upstanding traits, and people might feel that if the character was a little bad, rather than just a little unprepared or immature at the start, they might be a bad example for kids. But i think its an important lesson to learn that even someone who has done bad things, not just mistakes, but willfully bad decisions with full knowledge of the consequences, can find a sense of justice and virtue under the right circumstances.

There are a few ways other than that, that are less subversive, and thusly more likely, that could be big changes too though. They could go for an older character, less of a young adult finding themself, and more of an older adult who feels secure in their identity and what they do as a Kamen rider already, but comes across something new that changes the way they look at things. Sort of like Garo, I guess.

But If we get another young guy, i think we'll probably see a repeat of one of the types of characters we've seen before, and judging by recent trends it'll probably be a lovable goof-ball, who's just learning his new powers, and trying to juggle that with his job/school/family-life. No hate from me, i love it, but it would be nice to be surprised again like I was with Gaim.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top