JETMAN: The Empress Juza Saga - SPOILERS

There's a teddy bear monster with Ako... It's sort... of... sweet?

The Juza arc could have gone on a little longer, but it should have ended the same ala sword through the throat. She comes back in the novels if that's any consolidation.
 
@ Tom: I love that Teddy Bear episode as a kid! Watching that episode again years later made me notice that episode is about recycling and taking care about the environment. That made me realize that Jetman has some themes too advanced for its time since as far as I can remember, no one cares about the environment back then.
 
I liked the Vyram monsters because they look like rejects off of a horror movie about some killer inanimate object. I could totally see Death Bed: The Bed that Eats People be a Vyram monster.
 
@ Tom: I love that Teddy Bear episode as a kid! Watching that episode again years later made me notice that episode is about recycling and taking care about the environment. That made me realize that Jetman has some themes too advanced for its time since as far as I can remember, no one cares about the environment back then.

Jetman was the same year as Captain Planet. I think Jetman was in its time. The early 1990s was about the three Rs and the environment. Other than that, it was a pretty damn funny episode about Pooh-chan, her teddy bear. But in addition to the environment, I think it also taught us to value our possessions more.

Jetman overall is an awesome series. Ako's (and Raita's) centric episodes were mostly comic relief, but they did serve some purpose and they got some character development. At least her ramen was nodded to in the Gokaiger tribute episode. Granted it is praised for being more dark, but it is still a children's show so I think some of the campier episodes brought that out, but never really hurt the atmosphere of the show.

I didn't like how Raita was handled to some degree. First he is given the childhood friend as a love interest, but then, he admits he loves Kaori which made no sense to me.

But Radiguet was just THE villain of the super sentai franchise. Tranza was up there by trying to upstage everybody, but he let his ego get in the way. I loved how he tried to out-do the male Jetman members at everything like Raita at eating and Gai at getting chicks (and Tranza was wearing such a lame outfit) at playing golf.
 
I'm confused. I've seen episodes 1-11 with GUIS' DVD subs(the version prior the current ones) so, I've seen the Cup Ramen episode but, Keith, are you watching out of order? Because, none of the Juuza stuff really rings a bell to me.
 
Jetman was the same year as Captain Planet. I think Jetman was in its time. The early 1990s was about the three Rs and the environment. Other than that, it was a pretty damn funny episode about Pooh-chan, her teddy bear. But in addition to the environment, I think it also taught us to value our possessions more.

I loved Pooh-tan. Really, the suit can actually look really terrifying can ugly, but the voice acting and the way it acted made it so endearing and cute.

To me, those kind of episodes did not hurt the show at all; it's what made it so lovable.

I didn't like how Raita was handled to some degree. First he is given the childhood friend as a love interest, but then, he admits he loves Kaori which made no sense to me.

Yeah, Raita really got shafted. Outside of some of the filler episodes, the show didn't really do anything with him. And nothing really came out of him being infatuated by Kaori, other than excuse fodder for the Jetman to quarrel amongst themselves. With the love interest problems, as I said, the fillers and the plot episodes kind of ignored each other.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top