The Empress renewed for a Second Season

Super Moderator
The Empress has been given the green light to begin a second season. The series was intended to be a limited series, but fans couldn’t get enough of watching this true to life drama of rebellious Princess. This could be German Actress Devrim Lingnau‘s ticket to international stardom.
This biographical series focuses on the life of Elisabeth von Wittelsbach. She previously held the titles Empress of Austria and Queen of Hungary. Emperor Franz Joseph I was supposed to marry her older sister, but he ended up falling in love with her instead. Her husband’s mother disliked her because, unlike most princesses, she was not considered ladylike. Despite the fact that people considered an Emperor’s wife should fit a certain mold, The empress rebelled and overcame the obstacles and became one of the most popular Empress consorts in the dual Kingdom. She was one of the House of Wittelsbach’s most beloved Empresses.
The Empress...

Continue reading...

Kay

This series has definitely captivated my heart. After conducting thorough research on Empress Elizabeth, I concluded that she was quite progressive for her time. She kept her weight under control by going on diets and exercising on the exercise equipment in her castle quarters. She was a gym regular long before it was cool to be one. This is a fantastic series! Franz and Elizabeth have a tremendous, intense, and incredibly breathtaking relationship. They are a joy to see in action. At the absolute least, I want this show to run for another five seasons. They identified the right people to play the leads. I am overjoyed that there will be a season two.

I can't wait to start watching the second season of this incredible series. The actors, in my opinion, are fantastic and have great chemistry together. This is an excellent show and I cannot praise it highly enough. I can only hope that season 2 will have the full set of 12 episodes. It was notable to me that they did not show Sophie as a terrible witch who humiliated Elisabeth with everything she did or said. They gave her a horrible past, which made us (or at least me) feel bad for her. She was one of my all-time favorites. And, of course, Elisabeth was fantastic in her own way. I'm looking forward to the forthcoming second season!

Glowing
All I wanted after becoming immersed in this miniseries was for it to be given a second season and I am stoked it got renewed. Fantastic series with so much effort put into each and every detail. Franz and Elizabeth have Unbelievable chemistry together, and you are 100 percent right. I can't believe they aren't actually dating since I won't watch any interviews or behind-the-scenes videos! It's the kind of series that completely erases the passing of time and location. Netflix, start planning the third season as soon as you can.

adventure flute vase
I am very excited for season two! It's already happened to me twice. The performance was outstanding in every way! I had a great time watching this show, and Franz and Elizabeth's chemistry is one of my favorites.

What does the Fox say?
Staff member
There's already a second season? I have not even watched the first. If it's going to be this popular, I think I will wait until several seasons are released and then binge-watch them all at once. Also, waiting gives me more time to watch the new Korean dramas that are on Netflix.

I have never been a fan of Netflix but these web series have turned the tables for me and these days I kept looking for new releases and am so much excited for The empress.

I have been too immersed with new movies that I didn't get to know about the first season of The empress, I will just wait for more seasons before watching the series.

I am your greatest dream & worst fuggin nightmare
A rubbish thing that Netflix ruined was this. Even though no films were shot in Austria or Hungary, Austrians could have been cast in some of the roles that were open. Another option is to use actors who can pick up new accents; for instance, the cast of "The Crown" might pick up American English. Elisabeth in this drama is played by an actress who isn't quite as beautiful as the actual empress. I am sorry but I am not sorry I am not a fan at all.