JDF Talks About Austin St. John on No Pink Spandex

S...seriously? He walked about because he was one of the stars of the biggest shows in the world, and Saban was paying him as if they were making Plan 9 from Outer Space. I couldn't possibly blame him.

Wait wasn't the problem though that JDF as Tommy took off in popularity and merch sales so because of that he was getting paid more than the guys who'd been busting their ass on the project since the first pilot?

I don't know. If I'd been working those shooting days and found out it was the rookie that was getting paid more I might be put off to.
 
All that was ever clearly established about the pay situation is that ASJ, AJJ, and... that other guy felt like they should be making more per episode. I don't think it was ever firmly established that JDF was paid "more" per ep.
 
A big part of the problem was that saban didn't want to hire SAG actors. So if a pay issue came up, the actors didn't have anyone on their side really.
 
Yeah, a lot of localization companies pull that **** to this day. You'd see better anime and video game dubbing if more companies were willing to just pay union rates.
 
Wait wasn't the problem though that JDF as Tommy took off in popularity and merch sales so because of that he was getting paid more than the guys who'd been busting their ass on the project since the first pilot?

I don't know. If I'd been working those shooting days and found out it was the rookie that was getting paid more I might be put off to.

Maybe, but that's the way the entertainment industry operates. The cast should have known what they were getting themselves into, and I hardly think working on a Power Rangers show qualifies as "busting your ass," but that's just me.
 
Maybe, but that's the way the entertainment industry operates. The cast should have known what they were getting themselves into, and I hardly think working on a Power Rangers show qualifies as "busting your ass," but that's just me.

Well, I'd have to agree actually. Fair enough. What I meant was in the context of working on something from the very beginning.
 
It does seem a little unfair, but that's how studios make money--by pimping what draws viewers and cash flow. You'd have to be a real amateur not to understand that beforehand, or to get vocally angry about it.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top