Is Toei giving Ryu Terui the Nago treatment?

Where were the plot holes in the Gene arc?

Just minor things like how the hell did they easily reach wherever that office where Claydoll absorbed the green thing is so quickly... And after experiencing what happened in the first half, they still managed to push through with the shooting. :sweat: Yeah it's just being nitpicky, but how they treated Terui just didn't help at all...

^I think by "plot holes" he meant "suck".

Kinda... :laugh:

Trail's speed is just different than the others. Kabuto was the fastest and it made everything else seem slow while Faiz was the same as Kabuto we just didn't see him. Alternative kind of used his speed in short burst so it looks different compared to Accel and Diend who run around through out the an entire fight. Other than Kabuto and Faiz I wonder who the fastest Rider really is? I think Accel moves a bit faster than Diend but I'm not sure about Alternative.

I'm just a bit disappointed that they'd rather just shoot the scenes with Trial Accel with the other walking uber-slow, so when they fast-forward the scene to make Trial Accel look fast, the movements of the others seem unnatural.
 
I think not. The reason for Ryu acting like that in the previous arc is in my opinion, the Sanjo-Hasegawa writing team wants to show us Ryu's comical side. I mean, we have Research Mode Philip, On Trance Because of a Chick Mode Shotaro and Akiko's Slippers.
 
I have no problem with Terui becoming a more lighthearted character at this point. He's gotten through and overcome a lot of his psychological issues, so I think the guy deserves some comedy in his life now. It sounds to me that a lot of the issue that seems to be taken with his role in the Gene arc is due to him almost kissing Shotaro, and basically comes off as "zomg why is badass terui kissing a dude lolgay".
 
Ryu is presented as the foil to Shotaro - who seems to be developing into the funny guy with a serious side. Ryu on the other hand is a serious guy with a funny side - one that could only be exposed with Isaka dead.
 
Well maybe this is the real Terui. The nice, joking guy before his family was killed. I mean, maybe he can be himself now that Isaka's gone. But I mean in the last episode, he wasn't all comical.

Granted Terui's only acted silly in 2 episodes during the Gene arc.

At least there's some reason for it happening here, it wasn't as gradual as I would have liked, but I think what we're seeing is Terui as he would have normally been before the whole deal with Isaka.

I don't believe this because, if he was "back to normal" he'd be all smiles and kind of a softy again.

But he still has the serious faces, and actions. He's still on guard...but comical?

So he's like...weird? lol

I don't mind at all though, but I'm just saying.
 
I wouldn't quite say that they're treating Ryu like they treated Keisuke later on in Kiva. What was taken away from Ryu was his desire for revenge and the hatred that plagued him, but not necessarilly his composure. I'm saying this without any bias, so as to be fair. I mean, the Gene arc showed that he can both swallow his pride, but he does hve a limit of embarassment, ending the arc with a rather desperate attempt to get back his slightly stained reputation after running away.

Ac for Accel Trial, I think the point behind hte SFX for him ws to show how fast he was, and how he's gained the speed to land an extreme number of hits while not being hit himself, and it does show, esepcially in his debut fight where he moves so fast that he's a near-total blur, while the Weather Dopant was still completely clear to see. Another thing I think was attempted was showing how he hits so fast that his opponents can't do anything about it, as shown in both the Weather and Hopper fights. I'm glad that this is a deaprture from past speed boosts

This is all just my opinion, with as little bias as I can have
 
Last edited:
I don't believe this because, if he was "back to normal" he'd be all smiles and kind of a softy again.

But he still has the serious faces, and actions. He's still on guard...but comical?

So he's like...weird? lol

I don't mind at all though, but I'm just saying.

Well it's not like the last year of his life was completely erased when he killed Isaka. He's made some peace with it but he's never going to be the same person he was then. He's still the chief of the Dopant Crimes division, and he's still one of the protectors of Fuuto. But he's clearly able to relax a bit more than he could when he was consumed by revenge.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top