Nice post!!
WTF. Faiz is the worst Rider series ever made...why draw from THIS one, Inoue!?

It seems to be the one Inoue considers his masterwork, for all that now most people think Agito was better. Certainly a lot of the post-Faiz series have incorporated elements of Faiz into their storyline.

(Hell, thus far OOO is basically "Faiz - thinky bits + bright-ass colors")

二番目の翻訳者
Plus, a lot of those moments are very oh ****!-shaped, if you haven't seen them a lot and/or don't think about them too hard.

I mean like, Tony attacking the samurai armor guy is very oh ****! if you don't stop and think that he's basically letting the girl's consciousness be subsumed by Virgo while he has a personal pissfit.

Of course, it all works out in the end anyway for equally arbitrary reasons, so whatever.

Nice post!!
I think a certain amount of jerking the audience around in order to build excitement is okay, provided they get an interesting payoff. In the Virgo episode, the payoff is... really not very interesting at all. On the other hand, I though the payoff in the "Tony Stark builds a signal flare" episode was pretty entertaining. Inoue's always been inconsistent in that regard.

It seems to be the one Inoue considers his masterwork, for all that now most people think Agito was better. Certainly a lot of the post-Faiz series have incorporated elements of Faiz into their storyline.

(Hell, thus far OOO is basically "Faiz - thinky bits + bright-ass colors")

I'd heard it was closer to Kuuga-lite with a lot of songs and more forms. Also Cakeboss.

And yeah, writers sometimes like their ugly babies.

Peek a Boo!
The last few episodes have been Inoue-tastic. You've got people dying of irony, people losing their powers and memories for literally no reason, and the exact kind of nothing Rider-versus-Rider (whoops, armor-versus-armor) fights that made Faiz what it is.

Seconded. Watching the previous episode reminded me a lot of Inoue! Hell, having an annoying kid in the previous episode is enough for me to know that it is written by Inoue! :laugh:

Nice post!!
I'd heard it was closer to Kuuga-lite with a lot of songs and more forms.

Nah. Structurally, OOO's storytelling is heavily serialized and very soap opera-like. It rarely focuses on developing characterization the way Kuuga did. There's also none of Kuuga's staunch realism.

The only real similarity between Kuuga and OOO is that the OOO protagonist, Eiji, is basically the same concept and personality (to date) to Kuuga's Godai Yuusuke.

I imagine given time the two characters will grow apart. By around episode 10 of Kuuga, Godai was starting to develop while Eiji has remained largely static and reactive.

Also Cakeboss.

The Kougami foundation is really just a much less believable Smart Brain. Cake Boss is basically just the unholy offspring of Smart Lady and that asshole who becomes Smart Brain's President pretty early in Faiz. The Rose Orphenoch, I think it was.