In lieu of Valentine's Day.....What is the Cost of Love?

JFC

♥ 大好き ♥
So yeah, not sure how much of a difference there would be for Americans/Europeans/etc, but I'm guessing that when one crunches the numbers, it's likely to be something similarly.........inflated.

What is the cost of love for the average Canadian? Well it’s $43,842 to be exact. To determine the price of love, RateSupermarket.ca has broken down the cost based on a one-year courtship, one-year engagement, and average costs for a wedding in Canada.

Warning...long pic is long...

[HIDE]
whatisthecostoflove.jpg

backup link - http://www.ratesupermarket.ca/modules/common/images/what-is-the-cost-of-love.jpg
[/HIDE]
ORIGINAL ARTICLE LINK - http://www.ratesupermarket.ca/what_is_the_cost_of_love

Happy Valentine's Day?
:p

Fighting evil makes me thirsty
Man, that average price for a wedding is INSANE. Neither myself nor my wife would have ever spent that much on a wedding. Why would anyone want to start their lives together in deep debt?

I liked him when he wasn't a god
That's too much :sweat: and the cost of overseas travel is astronomical, I wouldn't go on holiday with a guy I was casually dating in case I found out we couldn't stand each other and was thus stranded in a foreign country with him ...

Man, that average price for a wedding is INSANE. Neither myself nor my wife would have ever spent that much on a wedding. Why would anyone want to start their lives together in deep debt?
BECAUSE IT'S MY SPECIAL DAY AND I DESERVE TO BE BEAUTIFUL!!!
That's too much :sweat: and the cost of overseas travel is astronomical, I wouldn't go on holiday with a guy I was casually dating in case I found out we couldn't stand each other and was thus stranded in a foreign country with him ...
I'm just saying New York ain't that foreign...baby...

(っ・ω・)っ

I have a cousin who spent about 80 grand on her wedding. It's ridiculous! 6k just in FLOWERS!

And I think the year-courtship thing is a bit.. high maintenance. New wardrobe to impress her? Really? :/ like 3 different vacation getaways? Wow. Either I'm really low maintenance or they are really trying to overshoot this thing.