How do you feel about Power Ranger's cancellation?

KRDK has been decidedly underwhelming and I'd be really surprised if it survives to return next year.

Its got the opposite problem of PR, its too close to KR.

What did you expect? A Kamen Rider adaptation NOT based on Kamen Rider or not faithful to the Kamen Rider series? They don't call it KAMEN RIDER for nothing.
 
Too close? I don't really see that at all. Not unless you're just dying to have Ferbus back or maybe have the Riders be kids in a haunted house hanging with a wacky Jay Leno ghost in order to really separate it for you.

If PR had been getting canceled maybe it would have been a kind of baby step to weening America off the need for "adaptation" but guess not since it's going on. But I at least hope it will continue to bring in people who will want to eventually discover the source material and if there must be "adaptation" then I hope there's people like Steve Wang who at least have some mindfulness of the original material even as they are going their own way with it.
 
Too close? I don't really see that at all. Not unless you're just dying to have Ferbus back or maybe have the Riders be kids in a haunted house hanging with a wacky Jay Leno ghost in order to really separate it for you.
I believe he meant too close to the "real" Kamen Rider...as in the Japanese series.
 
With all respect to the Kamen Rider series and the cast and crew who work/have worked on the show recently, KRDK literally puts the word "rider" to use where as the original doesn't. I mean, every KR series since maybe Kuuga have barely incorporated any notable bike work into the show. It's sad that the american adaptation is doing it much better than the source material at the moment. That's one of the things I loved about The First and The Next, great bike action scenes. Why is it they can spend all this money on special effects but not on a bike scene or two? *sigh*

O.k, I've managed to get way off topic (and for no apparent reason). End rant.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top