[Anime] Gundam Origin and Reconguista in G Announced

I'm excited to see where this goes, knowing Tomino Reconguista will be set some time in the Universal Century. I plan on picking up the first volume of Gundam Origin because it's only $20 on Amazon.ca.

On a semi-related topic, anyone know what's up with the licensing rights of the Gundam series in North America? Its guaranteed to sell well if these series were ever released on DVD or Blu-Ray, these companies are missing out

Didn't the company that use to handle the stuff shut down last year?

I think that was the reason why we haven't gotten a dub of Gundam AGE or the new Unicorn episodes yet.
 
I'm excited to see where this goes, knowing Tomino Reconguista will be set some time in the Universal Century. I plan on picking up the first volume of Gundam Origin because it's only $20 on Amazon.ca.

It's after the UC. Reguild Century.
 
Didn't the company that use to handle the stuff shut down last year?

I think that was the reason why we haven't gotten a dub of Gundam AGE or the new Unicorn episodes yet.

Assuming that Funimation's dealing with Gundam Unicorn aren't just for those films, I can see them handling it.

I'd rather see Age and Build Fighters imported and dubbed first , then put on Nick since it seems to be lighter and more marketable than their usual stuff.

I bet things will be handled by the 40th anyways, so we should see FuNi as the probable ones to dub and distribute their shows.
 
A Gunpla for G-Self, the main Gundam in the series has been announced.

20140622041028-62073.avif
 
I'd rather see Age and Build Fighters imported and dubbed first , then put on Nick since it seems to be lighter and more marketable than their usual stuff.

KEEP MY GUNDAM OUT OF NICK!!!

*ahem*
Still better to air Build Fighters on Cartoon Network, but AGE goes to Adult Swim.
 
Build Fighters stands a chance of coming over, but I don't think Sunrise or Bandai will be too interested in sending AGE to the West. The toys weren't popular, the games weren't popular, and the show wasn't well-received. There's just no real point in it.
 
Doing some minimal changes to the plot, they could potentially air just the Age 2 portion of the anime as a mini-series. :laugh:
 
Or just bring over the compilation movies... although I hear compilation movies don't do great these days.
 
It's really disappointing to see what's happened to the Gundam franchise in North America, Bandai holds the license (IIRC) and they've basically locked it away in a vault. The DVD's are out of print and cost a fortune and they haven't shown up on any of the streaming sites like Netflix or Crunchyroll

I have a huge attachment to Gundam Wing and I would jump at the chance to own the DVD's, I feel like there is money to be made, hopefully one day things turn around
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top