Gekisou Sentai Carranger comes to DVD on April 25th

Well you know, since the "president" is able to say whatever stupid **** he wants and there's nothing wrong with it, I can too. For the next four years I can post any racist, homophobic, biggoted, sexist comments I want and it is okay because that is what our country wants to see.

Sounds like you're talking about Obama. Eight years of racebaiting and divisive rhetoric was certainly what leftists and the uninformed wanted to have continue. But I don't know why you wanted to bring this up in a topic about subtitles. Probably because you're annoyed that people are providing evidence that you don't like.
 
That's all I've got.

No problem, I'll have to wait on/dig up more info. I'd really hope there wasn't acknowledgment between both parties, because this is a very very convenient way of watching my faves without taking up memory on my comp. It is also more sharable.
 
God, of all the things that make me have to post here.


Well you know, since the "president" is able to say whatever stupid **** he wants and there's nothing wrong with it, I can too. For the next four years I can post any racist, homophobic, biggoted, sexist comments I want and it is okay because that is what our country wants to see.
Arguments of the thread aside (because quite frankly, I don't really give a **** about this pissing contest you guys are engaged in; both sides have some valid points AND both sides are being pretty big dickheads about it), please tell me that you forgot to put the proverbial "SARCASM" tag in that post.
 
Probably because you're annoyed that people are providing evidence that you don't like.

Actually no, that was to troll you.

No one has brought actual proof though that Shout! plagiarized. I need to see MFC's statement about it. Or Shout!'s response to people questioning it. Something that states they did plagiarize.

Hell, this topic isn't even supposed to be about subtitles, it's supposed to be about the DVD release of Carranger and how amazing that is. The subtitles stuff should have been brought up in the Ohranger DVD topic. You know, this one:

http://forums.henshinjustice.net/sh...announced-Ohranger-is-coming-out-in-Nov/page5
 

Thank you. I guess there might be a basis for a plagiarism claim. Maybe. However...


I want everyone to read the comments on this and take an example, because they've been handling this in a calm and professional manner.

There may or may not be some plagiarizing going on, but at this point, we need to wait until we get official word from Shout Factory and/or MFC. If MFC did contact Shout Factory and offer their fansubs to be used in an official release, that may or may not hurt their own defense. But I'd like for good things to come from this. It would be awesome if groups like MFC could become collaborators that help Shout Factory translate future releases. Any story that ends with fansubbers getting employed for official releases, much like Crunchyroll's origins, is always a victory in my book. It's better than getting their scripts from TV-Nihon, if you ask me.
 
Thank you. I guess there might be a basis for a plagiarism claim. Maybe. However...



I want everyone to read the comments on this and take an example, because they've been handling this in a calm and professional manner.

There may or may not be some plagiarizing going on, but at this point, we need to wait until we get official word from Shout Factory and/or MFC. If MFC did contact Shout Factory and offer their fansubs to be used in an official release, that may or may not hurt their own defense. But I'd like for good things to come from this. It would be awesome if groups like MFC could become collaborators that help Shout Factory translate future releases. Any story that ends with fansubbers getting employed for official releases, much like Crunchyroll's origins, is always a victory in my book. It's better than getting their scripts from TV-Nihon, if you ask me.

What's wrong with TV-Nihon? I think they are a pretty good fansubbing group, don't really feel like they deserve the snubbery that they get from a lot of people and or other fansubbing groups.
 
Last edited:
What's wrong with TV-Nihon? I think they are a pretty good fansubbing group, don't really feel like they deserve the snubbery that they get from a lot of people and or other fansubbing groups.

It's because how Nihon snubbed a lot of people years ago. Hell, I let them borrow my Kamen Rider Ryuki DVDs (the official Region 2 ones) back in 2004 to rip them. It took them a good 6 months before they shipped them back to me and then Kingranger said to me something like, "I don't like that you disagreed with me. We're finding someone else's Ryuki DVDs to use but you are now banned from this channel." And that was it. Of course, I have no way of knowing if they really did use someone else's DVDs files or not, but I highly doubt it. They did this to many people. As such, once other fansub groups started taking on Toku, Nihon became less and less important. I don't hold any hard feelings for the staff there that were under that Nazi, but they are the last group I turn to for fansubs.

Any story that ends with fansubbers getting employed for official releases, much like Crunchyroll's origins, is always a victory in my book. It's better than getting their scripts from TV-Nihon, if you ask me.

Agreed. Hell, if Shout! were to hire the people of MFC, GUIS, and Imagination Station, they could start doing like 5 series a year. :laugh:
 
What's wrong with TV-Nihon?.

A lot. Too many reasons to list here, and some of which I have been forbidden to talk about. Things that make Dr Kain's story seem tame by comparison. But if you really want to know a good reason, it's because they aren't as fluent in Japanese as you might think. They've mistranslated MANY things; over and over again. To the point where I cannot rightfully recommend them to anyone. And if you are watching their releases, I'd suggest you find another group. You can find pages upon pages of proof here:
http://onoretvn.tumblr.com/
I honestly wish this Tumblr page would keep updating, but I think it proves a point.

Agreed. Hell, if Shout! were to hire the people of MFC, GUIS, and Imagination Station, they could start doing like 5 series a year. :laugh:

As much as I and everyone else would like that, isn't it true that they only released these series on DVD because they are over 20 years old and Toei doesn't care about promoting them anymore? If they release stuff too fast, they'll eventually catch up to the newer series, and Toei won't be happy with just a quiet, straight-to-DVD release. Also, if Shout Factory is securing the rights from Toei and Saban, I imagine obtaining those rights is not always easy. It's possible someone up the corporate ladder is limiting how many Sentai shows they can release a year.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top