Garo: The One Who Shines in the Darkness episode 25

  • Thread starter Thread starter scikaiju
  • Start date Start date
Or... it just doesn't turn black until you've slain the Mother of Horrors at least a few million times. I think the lore says, that as long as Humans have Inga in their hearts, Horrors will always exist. So, I'm just going to assume that she comes back to life sometime later probably too, since Knights have encountered her before in the past, just like they've met Ganon or even Zedom.

Kouga had a lot of ancestors that were Garo before him, and not all of their armours looked like his.

Some Knights might just have the bad luck of receiving the already worn out armour from Predecessors, and I think it's smart to not connect him to Kouga.

The show's called Garo, about the title and who's currently holding it. Connecting him to Kouga would raise the exact same questions you just did.

You completely missed the point of what I was saying.

I didn't care if it was connected to Kouga or not.

I'm questioning how batshit retarded it is that it lost its shine because it killed a bunch of Horrors.

The ****?

We've SEEN it take on bunches of Horrors in the past and not even lose a glimmer! This is literally a thing that's happened! More than once!

And why did it get spread through the magic Horrors and HOW did it and just

This is a shitty explanation of a *SERIES WIDE QUESTION THAT THE SHOW WAS BUILT ON.*


Mind I shouldn't be surprised that killing a bunch of Horrors in the armor seems like such an impossible task to these fuckers.
 
You completely missed the point of what I was saying.

I didn't care if it was connected to Kouga or not.

I'm questioning how batshit retarded it is that it lost its shine because it killed a bunch of Horrors.

The ****?

We've SEEN it take on bunches of Horrors in the past and not even lose a glimmer! This is literally a thing that's happened! More than once!

And why did it get spread through the magic Horrors and HOW did it and just

This is a shitty explanation of a *SERIES WIDE QUESTION THAT THE SHOW WAS BUILT ON.*

Mind I shouldn't be surprised that killing a bunch of Horrors in the armor seems like such an impossible task to these fuckers.

He got your point fine, actually. He's saying that no matter how much Horrors we've seen the Garo armor slay before, it doesn't matter IF the reason is that there's a certain amount of horrors killed that will turn the armor black.

It's not far-fetched that at some point the Garo had killed its quota of Horrors and turned black then. The fact that it wasn't shown to viewers of the series doesn't make it "retarded". It's pretty subjective.
 
The fact that it's never come up before now?

Like, if it's just KILL X HORRORS AND GOLDEN SHINE FADES AWAY, then what the hell is the point? It's just routine goddamn maintenance. Or, to actually *REMEMBER* something from the older shows, all you'd have to do is cleanse the armor of the Horror juice or whatever nonsense.

You know, like what they did with their weapons.

All the time.

Like, we've seen what killing horrors does to a Knight. It makes it so that they ahve to get their weapons cleaned.

This just sounds like the last asshole who had the armor forgot to take it to the cleaners and it still doesn't explain why the Magic Horrors apparently had it.

How did it even get transferred?

What is its purpose? Is it just to look cool?

Before it was just a status symbol. Who so ever had the Garo armor was the biggest peacock in the yard and all other hos best be represent'n.

When did being Bling actually matter as far as power goes?
 
If it's the first time it happened (which is likely, considering no one knew had any idea what's going on), then it's clearly not "routine". And whatever "routine" they did to everything else didn't work on the Garo armor.
 
Which is the point.

This answer to the mystery is a nonanswer. It is nonsense, that has no baring in the lore of the franchise which was quite honestly REALLY well done up to this season.

This season asks me to turn my brain off and enjoy the pretty fights except all the fights are either the same old humans dueling other humans, or boring standard CGI slash fests that last all of two goddamn minutes.

It's an insult to how well written aspects of the older series was, and an insult to the viewer because they are NOT going to elaborate on this any further.

This is the answer.

A fucking wizard did it now shut up and go away.

I expect better from Garo's writing staff.
 
Or... it just doesn't turn black until you've slain the Mother of Horrors at least a few million times. I think the lore says, that as long as Humans have Inga in their hearts, Horrors will always exist. So, I'm just going to assume that she comes back to life sometime later probably too, since Knights have encountered her before in the past, just like they've met Ganon or even Zedom.

Kouga had a lot of ancestors that were Garo before him, and not all of their armours looked like his.

Some Knights might just have the bad luck of receiving the already worn out armour from Predecessors, and I think it's smart to not connect him to Kouga.

The show's called Garo, about the title and who's currently holding it. Connecting him to Kouga would raise the exact same questions you just did.

He got your point fine, actually. He's saying that no matter how much Horrors we've seen the Garo armor slay before, it doesn't matter IF the reason is that there's a certain amount of horrors killed that will turn the armor black.

It's not far-fetched that at some point the Garo had killed its quota of Horrors and turned black then. The fact that it wasn't shown to viewers of the series doesn't make it "retarded". It's pretty subjective.
Again I think what they were talking about was Garo fought something so incredibly strong(stronger then the Mother of Horrors) that he pushed himself so far his power died out or he sacrificed the full power of Garo to kill it. Not that the armor just got worn out over time.

It is AN answer. And explains it sufficiently enough that you can let your imagination fill in the blanks.
It is "AN answer" but it's far from sufficient. Sure you can let your mind fill in the blanks just like fans let there minds fill in the blanks about the Rider and Sentai mulitverse and look how well that turns out whenever people start discussing it. You get a hundred different theories just like what's happening now in this thread. The black armor was the hook for the series when it was first announced. People wanted to know how and why it changed and now we do. In the last episode, in one sentence, that had nothing to do with the series plot. That's not sufficient. The least they could of done was an episode or a flashblack that has something to do with the villains in the series. Something that connects it to everything else.
 
I agree with Masta here.

If the show's answer is "you figure it out" then it has failed as a story. God knows I'm not getting any armored hero badass action out of this season, so I have to rely on the story and...it's just not good. This is the big mystery and hey they explain it! Not really. What could the previous Garo have fought that was so powerful? How does the armor being gold make it more powerful? How does it share its gold with other armors?

That just doesn't make sense. It's not a Super Sayian thing where the REALLY POWERFUL ARMORS turn gold because of bullshit anime logic.

The armor of Garo is gold because it is only to be wielded by the best, most experienced Knight, the most powerful Knight.

The person is what matters, the armor is just a tool to let them truly shine.

This series seems to forget that as well, and just doesn't shine.
 
At some point I'm going to go back and rewatch the older Garo series, which when I first saw it didn't seem all that special. Something better change to make that different, or I'm coming back to call all the "old school fans" out on their BS.

I'm not caught up on this series yet (just finished 18 this morning), but so far it's been the most interesting Tokusatsu this year, and all these "this show sucks" just looks silly.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top