Administrator
Staff member
All the hype and positive reviews paid off because this game is the number 3 selling game of April and It is the Number 1 selling game in the UK. The game already sold 3.5 million copies on the UK alone. The game being episodic means having a next episode depends on sales and we are guaranteed to have Episode 2 now.

For a remake to be able to compete against a new from the Animal Crossing and Call of duty means we may get more remakes too. This game broke records in game sales charts. To be fair we have a pandemic at this moment and that didn't stop the game from selling well.

Administrator
Staff member
This game managed to deliver in both quality and quantity. The fact it is long hours of gameplay means people can play it during these hard times. 40 hours of Final fantasy VII remake vs. 3 hours of Resident evil 3 remake. Both games are sold for the same price. This game encourages more people to stay at home.

I thought this game is going to have negative reviews because it only covers Midgar arc but the moment I played the game I am so amazed with the experience. Midgar felt like a real city that is alive. I love that I get to know characters more. Usually when remakes make something longer it make things boring but that is not the case with this game.

I can confirm now that this remake is better than the original and this game is not even finished yet. I mean I never thought I will feel emotional pain when Wedge, Biggs and Jessie died. I was not attached to them in the original. Those are minor characters alone. Imagine once more major characters died. I also love the new combat system which is more fun than the originals. Do not call me a casual because I played every single game in the series. It is just the old system wont do well with the new generation.

I hope they remake 5,6 and 8 as well.

I also love the changes they made. I remember in the original when Cloud crossdresses he did that by buying things and doing some simple task like going to a star to buy a dress and a wig. The dance mini game with Andrea is much more better. I mean everyone enjoyed it and it also developed Aerith more as a character because we saw a fun loving side of her.

The live choices this game have makes it replayable too. I mean I have to play the game 3 times just to see all the dresses Cloud, Tifa and Aerith can wear. The other choices though doesn't seem to influence the ending. It is kind of sad though that the DLCs of Final Fantasy XV got cancelled for this game but I guess it is a worthy sacrifice.

Administrator
Staff member
One change I want to happen, I kinda want Biggs, and the Shinra guys once they are not evil anymore due to Sepiroth being more evil become possible team mates.

I hope on Episode 2 they will make Cait Sith more useful. No one uses him in the original because of his stupid finisher that can kill team mates.

Administrator
Staff member
If Cyberpunk 2077 keep on getting delayed, I think this game will win GOTY. I mean it's current competition are polarizing games with split audience like The Last of US 2 and Resident evil 3 remake. Seven remake didn't offend the fanbase and have nothing but positive reviews. I hope Cyberpunk gets delayed up to next year so this game will win Game of the year.

I hope on Episode 2 they will make Cait Sith more useful. No one uses him in the original because of his stupid finisher that can kill team mates.
I remember freaking out and saving like crazy when I attempted to play him. Most of the time I don't use it for that reason but in this remake we can't choose team mates. The game chooses for us. I think they did it so people who knows Aerith will die wont skip her.