What are the chances of Final Fantasy 8 getting a remake?

This is my favorite game in the series but I know it won't be getting a remake any time soon. Maybe when I am old and wrinkly because fans might get mad if this game gets a remake before 6 and 9 which are more popular. I know that a lot of old school fans hated this except from the people who have this as their first FF game.

I think a Final Fantasy 8 remake will happen somewhere before the year 2050. It is not the top priority at this moment. So give your best to live longer and live a healthy lifestyle.

They can't even finish making Final Fantasy 7 remake and you are asking them to remake another game.

Most likely not, and I'm okay with that. If the original game is remade, nobody will play it anymore; it's fine the way it is. Since they have convinced themselves that no one has ever actually enjoyed traditional JRPGs, Square Enix of today is not the Squaresoft of 1999, and they no longer produce the same games, I don't want them to touch Final Fantasy 8. FF7R is demeaning. It wouldn't be fair to subject the FF8 remaster to the same treatment.

I would love to see a Final Fantasy 8 remake, especially if it means it can finally debunk the multiple fan theories like Squall is Dead or Rinoa is Ultimecia. Time to end those crazy theories.

Try to live a healthy lifestyle because you may need to have Queen Elizabeth's lifespan before it will happen.

Ff8 doesn't even need to be redone, in my opinion. You can call me crazy, but I believe that FF8 is excellent just as it is. The mechanics have always been enjoyable to play with, and the aesthetics are surprisingly tolerable for such an ancient game. Ff7 only required a remake for two reasons: Cash and 2 Graphics.

I do, however, adore the Final Fantasy VII remake's remaking. The fresh themes, personalities, and backstories are wonderful.I just think Final Fantasy 8 is untouchable.

I hope I am still alive by the time the remake of this game is released and I hope my brain is still healthy.

It's possible that they'll never remake FF8, but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy the original game. Sometimes, the charm of a classic game is that it remains unchanged, even as time goes on. That being said, I would still be excited to see a modern take on the game's story and characters.