Favorite and least favorite ultimate form costumes

Don't really have any I dislike.

Not even this?

decade+complete+form.avif
 
Ultimate Kuuga is very sleak, it retains all the "Kuuga" elements while making him look incredibly awesome. It's the ideal ultimate form, in my opinion.

I also really liked the simplicity of the Super Shinkengers. They didn't drastically change their costumes or colour schemes, they just wear cool looking coats and I liked the idea of only one of them being able to use the super form at a time.

As for worst.. Pretty much every "movie form" but inparticular Ultimate Rising Kuuga, Super Tatoba and Meteor Fusion States. Ugh.. completely ruined three otherwise really cool Riders.
 
what bothers me more is the shape of the gold bits. The chest piece makes me think more of Terranoid than any "good" Ultra. (Although Terranoid wasn't quite evil)
 
I guess if you have a really traditional view of superheros that could bug you, looking like a bad guy.

What did you think of the black Superman outfit post-Death of Superman? Or Ultimate Kuuga?
 
Well, Ultimate Kuuga is meant to look like it might not be a good thing. The red eyes look more heroic than black eyes, but it still doesn't look friendly.

Not sure about the black Superman costume, but I remember in one of the animated DC movies, Jimmy or somebody else thought he looked like trouble. And Death of Superman was in the 90s anyway, which was apparently a time when comics tried really hard to be edgy.

Yet, I think the Garo armor (well, Kouga's version. His dad had unfriendly red eyes, and I haven't actually watched season 3, so I'm not completely sure about Ryuga's) looks perfectly heroic, even with the spikes and perpetual snarl. But that's probably because Garo is its own franchise, so I try to view it as having a different aesthetic philosophy.

Heroes that don't look blatantly heroic bugs me more in Ultraman, since the costume designs tend to make moral alignment somewhat obvious.
 
Last edited:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top