Fighting evil makes me thirsty
The Today Show made the hurricane seem extremely ominous for the east coast...but of course the news always makes damn near everything seem ominous. It does look likely to get bad though, especially in the Carolinas and even in the bigger cities. You east coast guys take care.

#MissionMiami
Not exactly. All of the past Hurricanes have been pretty basic, high high wind gusts, rain, etc.

This Hurricane is 800 miles long which is like the size of a state in US and It's producing thunderstorms and Tornadoes because it's slow.

Fortunately, Irene has been downgraded to a Tropical Storm now so it's not as bad as it could have been.

Granted, NYC and Long Island are still getting slammed pretty hard at this time (and suddenly a lot of people realize Bloomberg's extreme measures are not so hysterical after all) and a lot of places around where I am are currently without power.

I'm typing this up on my lunch break at the hospital I work at after having had to work a double shift yesterday and then sleep there overnight because the time I would have left would have been the time the storm started ramping up.

Oh and words to the wise for all you youngin's who may find yourself in a job someday where you have to stay at your place of employment overnight due to extreme weather conditions:

If you are capable of preparing for it ahead of time, be sure to bring both a bag with whatever freshening up supplies you need and something you can use to make whatever sleeping accommodations you are given more comfortable.

The first one is for obvious reasons, the second is because, 98% of the time, whatever you're given to sleep on will be the cheapest thing possible.

I forgot to follow the second part this time around and my back has still not completely forgiven me for it. :(

#MissionMiami
rkyc60.jpg

As a person who lives in the area where irene was suppose to do a lot of damage, i got REAL lucky.
My power still on and no flood water came up to my street, also the wind weren't too bad either, some gustyness but nothing destructive. It still going on but it's not bad.
SO yeah I lucked out A LOT
Hope those that were in the path are safe too.

Not too much damage here either. Though the power is out at my home (doing this on my lappy at lunch break) and it might be a few days before it comes back up.

Someone who works in the gift shop said that he head on the news that the power in the area should be back up by the afternoon but we'll see.