Death Penalty For Rebellous Teens

"Ye who are without sin cast the first stone." Problem solved. Further explination see bellow. Now we party.

It is true that in the old testament there were precautions set up for dealing with rebelious children, but this was in a time where God was still setting up his people's kingdom and trying to help them get there **** together. That's why the New Testament is so very significant: Christ changed the law. We were in the law, but then through Christ we were released from the law. In other words you repent, then you try to do better. This isn't to say you have the right to sin or break the law, but it doesn't mean you have to die or instantly end up on the quick route to hell or death. I'm not saying we don't need laws, but I can't see God or Jesus being okay with a law like this in the New Testament. Jesus loved children as much as he loved everyone else, and he would be the first to forgive the rebellious nature of children. They'll grow out of it, and there are adult laws in place if they don't.

In other words since we live in the new testament there is no need for a law like this. This coming from a guy in Arkansas and a Christian to boot. Not that I'm preaching...just trying to represent my faith in a way that isn't so...Battle Royale?
 
...You do realize half our judical system was founded on biblical principals, which often go hand in hand with Logic and Common sense right? But to each their own.
 
Quite personally, as a Methodist, I've never taken the Christian Old Testament at face value. All it really is is Jewish Fables mixed with actual Jewish history, and heavily edited by the Romans to satisfy their own needs.
 
...You do realize half our judical system was founded on biblical principals, which often go hand in hand with Logic and Common sense right? But to each their own.

OMG your fairy worshipers happened to have some ideas that coincide with mine although they say stuff like "kill the children" from time to time and I don't.

ZZ, I do believe that nature inherently connects living beings and ideas, but I do not believe in the justification of murder because there was not enough control over another living being.
 
You ok shin? Looks like your neck's gettin' flames.

I'm not saying I agree with killing a kid for being rebellious, but at some point in any culture such laws have existed. We don't need them anymore, but that doesn't mean they didn't happen and that any system developed from those laws won't have someone try to reinstate them from time to time. If God gave us one thing he gave us free will.
 
As much as I hate religion & want to stay out of this, I can't help but say that I could make a several season TV Documentary on the History channel about how wrong the bible is...:redface2:

As far as that, though, ZZ doesn't seem like much of a psychopath to me, so I have nothing wrong with him or whatever he wants to believe in. Go for it, it's not like anything bad'll happen to him if he does...
 
You ok shin? Looks like your neck's gettin' flames.

I'm not saying I agree with killing a kid for being rebellious, but at some point in any culture such laws have existed. We don't need them anymore, but that doesn't mean they didn't happen and that any system developed from those laws won't have someone try to reinstate them from time to time. If God gave us one thing he gave us free will.

Very funny, ZZ.

We never needed such laws. We don't need them now. These things are making people associate fear with respect. You can't respect someone if all you do is fear that person, and your fairy gave me no such thing.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top