Danger/Disadvantage of video games to young gamers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say addiction is what young gamers should check. If they don't plan their time very well they could get addicted to games and that would rub negatively on other productive ventures they ought to venture too. I am somehow talking from experience.

This topic should be moved to off topic.

I believe that the administrator have taken note of that, there is no need repeating yourself over and over again in the same thread about the topic being off topic discussion. It's getting a bit childish, chill out and wait for the administrator to do his job, unless you want to do it for the admin.

It's really hard to find a home without anyone playing video games nowadays. May it be young or adults, they find time to spend hours of playing on whatever media they're using. Unaware of the consequences it has on them, most of the players didn't care at all so long as it can provide pleasure and satisfaction to them. One of disadvantage I see is addiction. I often hear people getting addicted to playing video games but it seems that this is kinda difficult to address. I find this alarming because addiction may lead to non-socialization. I think that parents should know the limitations and find appropriate time for the kids to play and spend more quality time talking to them.

Nowadays everywhere you go you'll see someone playing video or mobile games. These games give us pleasure or satisfaction. Playing these games is also good for killing time. But there is a downside to it. Not just to it but for everything we do. Always remember the word limitations. With video games, it can be addictive. And when you get addicted, with young gamers, studies are interrupted, socializations with other people (without games) is getting lower. Knowledge development with the people, with the things around them are also getting lower because all they do is just play games. I do play games as well, but with limitations. This doesn't just applies to young gamers but to adults as well.

It's really hard to find a home without anyone playing video games nowadays. May it be young or adults, they find time to spend hours of playing on whatever media they're using. Unaware of the consequences it has on them, most of the players didn't care at all so long as it can provide pleasure and satisfaction to them. One of disadvantage I see is addiction. I often hear people getting addicted to playing video games but it seems that this is kinda difficult to address. I find this alarming because addiction may lead to non-socialization. I think that parents should know the limitations and find appropriate time for the kids to play and spend more quality time talking to them.

Nothing supercede addiction when it comes to the disadvantages of gaming. If you lack control there is no limit as to how unfocused you are going to be when games are at your disposal. Some parents see it fit to lock up their kids games just to have them concentrate with studies and not get carried away with playing games. And if you look at it closely, you will eventually see they are right.

I think a lot of gamers are getting addicted to the games. And it can be seriously making things a bit difficult too. I am not sure how that can be good in that case. I hope that people take time off their internet life and spend something of it offline too.

I think a lot of gamers are getting addicted to the games. And it can be seriously making things a bit difficult too. I am not sure how that can be good in that case. I hope that people take time off their internet life and spend something of it offline too.

Staying offline is going to be the most difficult task for the people of this current generation because we live, breath, and die of internet. Tell me anything that we do lately which isn't related to making use of the internet in one way or another? The same thing is applicable with gaming. It's almost as if playing games are the major means of having fun with people.

Nowadays everywhere you go you'll see someone playing video or mobile games. These games give us pleasure or satisfaction. Playing these games is also good for killing time. But there is a downside to it. Not just to it but for everything we do. Always remember the word limitations. With video games, it can be addictive. And when you get addicted, with young gamers, studies are interrupted, socializations with other people (without games) is getting lower. Knowledge development with the people, with the things around them are also getting lower because all they do is just play games. I do play games as well, but with limitations. This doesn't just applies to young gamers but to adults as well.

I'm telling you seriously my dear friend, there is virtually no place you would enter and not a single person would be gaming with his or her mobile phone at least. Just yesterday, I went to buy some stuff in one departmental store in my neighborhood and to my greatest surprise, the attendant was carried away with gaming that she never knew I entered the store. If had stealing intentions believe me, it would be a successful one.

My gaming console collection were, Sega, Xbox, Playstation 1, 2 and 3. But still I have already made plans for getting the Playstation 4 with all those ones I have already. Games works like witchcraft and before you realize what's actually going on, you would deep down into its claws and getting out will be a very difficult task.

I would say addiction is what young gamers should check. If they don't plan their time very well they could get addicted to games and that would rub negatively on other productive ventures they ought to venture too. I am somehow talking from experience.

Haha, let me bring you into my own crazy experience with game addiction. I have used my school fees when I was younger to play games at game house, my parents nearly killed me back then although I never revealed to them I used the money to play games. I simply lied that I lost the cash. I have had burnt food while gaming, forgetting I had food on fire for more than 3 hours. Our kitchen almost burnt down that very day and I was given the beating of my life because my parents knew it was because I was playing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.