Danger/Disadvantage of video games to young gamers

Status
Not open for further replies.
The disadvantage I've already experience in spending a lot of time in video games is:
It can damage our eyesight. Due to my addiction of playing video games, I spend like 3 to 6 hours of playing when I was a kid and it damages my eyes that I couldn't read signs in the road and cannot notice a person's face in distance.

This is so true, I can also attest to this because I have been a victim as well. Getting ones eyes always fixated on the gaming screen or monitor for long hours and on daily basis affects the eye lens, retina and cortex. It results in having impaired vision. I had to slow down and get my eyes checked out before I had some medication and eye drops and it corrected the problem.

This is so true, I can also attest to this because I have been a victim as well. Getting ones eyes always fixated on the gaming screen or monitor for long hours and on daily basis affects the eye lens, retina and cortex. It results in having impaired vision. I had to slow down and get my eyes checked out before I had some medication and eye drops and it corrected the problem.

What kind of eye drops did you get? I mean what did they contain as an active ingredient? I myself have a problem with focusing on different objects due to too much time spent in front of the computer playing video games. I did some research and I read about lutein and blueberry extract being really nutritious to the retina and whole eye in general. I am now taking the extract and there's a marked improvement in my eyesight.

Another danger of playing video games for too long is desocialization. People who are addicted tend to spend more time playing than interacting with real people or spending time outdoors.

With the increasing number of young people being addicted on playing video games, some professionals had initiated a study on it and some of them have labeled computer gaming already as a disorder. In grave situations, these kids loose interest in communicating with the outside world rendering them incapable of dealing with real life situations. In fact, I can attest to this since I was once a "victim" of gaming addiction and it took me quite sometime to get back to the real world. If ever you know someone like this, start with redirecting his attention to something a bit (just a bit) similar to whatever game he is playing. In my case, my mom got me and my buddies go for a hike for 2 days. So it was somewhat similar to FF. This kept my gaming at a minimum afterwards and made me hang out with friends out side. Adventure in real life. ;) - - but I still do gaming... just not too much anymore

What kind of eye drops did you get? I mean what did they contain as an active ingredient? I myself have a problem with focusing on different objects due to too much time spent in front of the computer playing video games. I did some research and I read about lutein and blueberry extract being really nutritious to the retina and whole eye in general. I am now taking the extract and there's a marked improvement in my eyesight.

Another danger of playing video games for too long is desocialization. People who are addicted tend to spend more time playing than interacting with real people or spending time outdoors.

I cannot really recall the components that made up the eye drop which I used, but I would be glad to look it up and get back to you as soon as possible with the information you seek. You are absolutely correct in mentioning that getting addicted to gaming results in one automatically desocializating from the outside world and craw into their comfort zone of gaming. Most hard core addicts are introverts.

Administrator
Staff member
No offense topic creator but what does this topic has to do with Final Fantasy? If you think games are bad go to a parenting forum. I am new here but as a Final Fantasy fan I am here to talk about the games where Chocobo birds exists and not how to raise kids.

This is a very off topic discussion.

Lot of kids are addicted to the games and they are losing the grades. And also it is affecting their confidence in due process. You can see that some of the time kids have to be forced to not play the game. And instead go outside. That's what I have learned.

Starting young might make us more skill-full, but at the same time it also might make us more prone to become addicted. Nothing like making healthy breaks every once in a while, to be able to enjoy the game fully later.

Why isn't this in the off-topic forum ?

In any case, there is no danger unless the young person in question either sits all day every day playing games, or is an epileptic.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
We already know the advantage of playing video games to people,now, let's face the reality that in every good thing there are also bad things like in video games.We all know that playing video games can be addictive that many younger gamers are already victims on this, the students in specific.

Addiction is the major disadvantage of video games and believe me when I say it, any gamer that enjoys the act from teenage years will definitely get addicted to playing no matter how much he or she tries not to get hooked up with the game.

This addiction can cause lack of focus and concentration in other things one is doing, and such can drag one back in his or her set goals and objectives. Finding control when playing is the only way to deal with getting addicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.