alpha red
Member
Hi, this is just my suggestion.. I’m thinking of making a suggestion to Toei to make toku shows seem not like a kids’ shows..
Well, look at sentai nowadays n sentai back 10 yrs ago, surely u can see differences.. u can also feel the differences.. I can take some example, mayb not every ppl will agree with me. I just speak out my feelings.. The beginning of each show, the little credit like ‘Super hero time, starts now’ can be eliminated.. At the end of each episode, sometimes the main cast of the show may make a little advertisement to sell the toys, or CDs given to a few ppl as presents, n they address the audience as ‘kids’ or ‘boys n girls’.. That one can also be changed.. Some cartoon advertisements appear during the opening credits of kiva ep 36. Kivat talking about history at the beginning of each episode is good n acceptable, but there is one episode where kivat asked ‘have u watch the kiva movie?’ during the opening of an episode. Pls, advertisement about the movie can be made before the episode starts or after it ends, not during the episode including the opening credits. Those only make the show seems more like kids’ show.. II just mention some examples only.. Surely those things never happen 10 yrs ago, right?
Second, the movie of super sentai, kamen rider or any toku shows, pls make a movie that is like a real movie.. Some of the sentai or kamen rider movies gave ppl a feeling like “if u didn’t watch the series, u’ll never understand the movie†That’s why toku movies never aired in most other countries because most countries don’t aired their series at the same time as japan. Another thing, look at sentai movies, it lasts only 30 minutes like that.. If like that, it can fit in an episode of the series already, why separated it to be a movie? Can it be longer? Surely a movie not only have different villains n different fighting scenes, but different storyline than the series is also cool.. The characters n cast can maintain off course.
Well, I was just speaking out what I feel, so this is only my opinion. Look at the cinema nowadays, we have 3 movies of spiderman, 3 movies of x-men, return of superman, batman forever, batman returns, incredible hulk, superman returns, Iron man, daredevil, the dark knight n so on… Those shows were originally adapted from comic book series or cartoons, but why no ppl pinpoint those shows as kid shows? In fact, many adult are also interested by those shows. Even Transformer was also popular even though it is adapted from a cartoon..
I don mean toku shows must also be popular, but at least the image of toku shows in the minds of most ppl must change.. I really saw many ppl, especially adults calling super sentai n kamen rider shows as childish shows, n when I ask them what do they think of superman, batman, iron man, transformer n so on, then they become speechless.. All of them are shows originally for children, but those Americans’ hero version can change ppl’s mind on their image, I think Toei can also do that.. I don like to see ppl categorized toku shows as shows for kids only forever.. Let’s take x-men n super sentai as example.. there is a team of heroes in every super sentai, x-men also have a team.. The heroes in super sentai wears costumes, the heroes in x-men also wears costumes, so why super sentai is a childish show while x-men is not? Why the big differences? Get what I mean?
That’s why I think Toei must make some progress..Ultraman is 40 yrs old plus, super sentai is 30 yrs old plus, n kamen rider is 35 yrs old plus.. Since most toku shows have quite a history already, so I do hope they do update n progress..
Well, what's ur opinion on this? What do u think? Any suggestions?
Well, look at sentai nowadays n sentai back 10 yrs ago, surely u can see differences.. u can also feel the differences.. I can take some example, mayb not every ppl will agree with me. I just speak out my feelings.. The beginning of each show, the little credit like ‘Super hero time, starts now’ can be eliminated.. At the end of each episode, sometimes the main cast of the show may make a little advertisement to sell the toys, or CDs given to a few ppl as presents, n they address the audience as ‘kids’ or ‘boys n girls’.. That one can also be changed.. Some cartoon advertisements appear during the opening credits of kiva ep 36. Kivat talking about history at the beginning of each episode is good n acceptable, but there is one episode where kivat asked ‘have u watch the kiva movie?’ during the opening of an episode. Pls, advertisement about the movie can be made before the episode starts or after it ends, not during the episode including the opening credits. Those only make the show seems more like kids’ show.. II just mention some examples only.. Surely those things never happen 10 yrs ago, right?
Second, the movie of super sentai, kamen rider or any toku shows, pls make a movie that is like a real movie.. Some of the sentai or kamen rider movies gave ppl a feeling like “if u didn’t watch the series, u’ll never understand the movie†That’s why toku movies never aired in most other countries because most countries don’t aired their series at the same time as japan. Another thing, look at sentai movies, it lasts only 30 minutes like that.. If like that, it can fit in an episode of the series already, why separated it to be a movie? Can it be longer? Surely a movie not only have different villains n different fighting scenes, but different storyline than the series is also cool.. The characters n cast can maintain off course.
Well, I was just speaking out what I feel, so this is only my opinion. Look at the cinema nowadays, we have 3 movies of spiderman, 3 movies of x-men, return of superman, batman forever, batman returns, incredible hulk, superman returns, Iron man, daredevil, the dark knight n so on… Those shows were originally adapted from comic book series or cartoons, but why no ppl pinpoint those shows as kid shows? In fact, many adult are also interested by those shows. Even Transformer was also popular even though it is adapted from a cartoon..
I don mean toku shows must also be popular, but at least the image of toku shows in the minds of most ppl must change.. I really saw many ppl, especially adults calling super sentai n kamen rider shows as childish shows, n when I ask them what do they think of superman, batman, iron man, transformer n so on, then they become speechless.. All of them are shows originally for children, but those Americans’ hero version can change ppl’s mind on their image, I think Toei can also do that.. I don like to see ppl categorized toku shows as shows for kids only forever.. Let’s take x-men n super sentai as example.. there is a team of heroes in every super sentai, x-men also have a team.. The heroes in super sentai wears costumes, the heroes in x-men also wears costumes, so why super sentai is a childish show while x-men is not? Why the big differences? Get what I mean?
That’s why I think Toei must make some progress..Ultraman is 40 yrs old plus, super sentai is 30 yrs old plus, n kamen rider is 35 yrs old plus.. Since most toku shows have quite a history already, so I do hope they do update n progress..
Well, what's ur opinion on this? What do u think? Any suggestions?
Last edited by a moderator: