It's over 8,000!
I hate this arguments.

First of all, have you even looked at Takeshi in the very first episodes of Kamen Rider? He looked like an innocent young man.

At moments, Hayato would also fit the ''pretty boy'' category very well. If it wasn't for Nigo being the strenght-based Rider, he would.

Shiro was neither a ''tough man'' or a ''pretty boy'', he had his own style, hell, he looked sexy without having to be ''girly'' or whichever way you want to call it.

Skyrider. Have you taken a look at him?

I can see that nowadays it's a bit exaggerated, but this has happened to Tokusatsu in general, the kids might be the main audience, but that doesn't mean they're excluding everyone else.

If I had to pick anything to hate about the ''Heisei era'', I would not choose this.

I also agree with this.

Ore, Sanjou!
Honestly, picking Philip as an example of how Heisei riders groom themselves in not by any means a good example. Philip was an odd case, since he wasn't really familiar with how boy's usually dress and wasn't able to pick up on that. a lot of heisei riders dress fairly normally in casual clothing that looks appropriate for them to wear.

so yeah, do more research before you try out your wild claims

Endorphin Machine
The only thing Cypher-Z has proven to me is that Showa Riders were considerably better at dressing themselves.
Thats what I'm saying though, no girly stuff.
Honestly, picking Philip as an example of how Heisei riders groom themselves in not by any means a good example. Philip was an odd case, since he wasn't really familiar with how boy's usually dress and wasn't able to pick up on that. a lot of heisei riders dress fairly normally in casual clothing that looks appropriate for them to wear.

so yeah, do more research before you try out your wild claims

I showed you two examples. So angry you are, heres another

images

Too fem. Plus in general alot of times the new actors arent as good as the older ones like I said before, which is different from the clothing itself. Just because you have a pretty face doesnt mean you should be in it. Too much teeny stuff or new noob young man. Showa are typically bad ass dudes who know how to handle things.

Ore, Sanjou!
Too fem. Plus in general alot of times the new actors arent as good as the older ones like I said before, which is different from the clothing itself. Just because you have a pretty face doesnt mean you should be in it. Too much teeny stuff or new noob young man. Showa are typically bad ass dudes who know how to handle things.

Now THAT is an opinion. and besides that, Hiroki Aiba doesn't count, because this thread isn't about Super Sentai. and your second example, Eiji, is really middle ground AFAIC. neither overly feminine nor overly manly. he's just kind of average, and that's the point of his character

Harumph.
Thats what I'm saying though, no girly stuff.

My problem isn't necessarily the girly stuff. It's that they don't always rock the the look they're trying to go with.

Even what the character wears every day is part of the costume, so you should have fun with it.

Personally, I think the actors in W did this very well.

優しさの大人少女
i'm a Showa Era fangirl. ever since i liked Kamen Rider Black and Riderman are my fave series.

They call her one-eye
Am I the only one finding it funny that the guy who's saying modern KR actors are too girly has prince as his avatar?

Yeaaaah, no. the buttrock smilie doesn't work there. you're not being all that clever, you're just dissing the newer stuff. that's not even the point of this poll, anyways

Yeaaaah, no. I can type whatever I want. It's my opinion. Nice try though. What is "dissing"? I only speak English. So tell me, what is the point of this "poll" ? A "poll" would be just for voting on something, no responses necessary. So if responses are allowed, there you have it, my response. Showa = good stuff, Hesei = not so good stuff. Opinion , try it once. Oh yah, I almost forgot ....:buttrock:

Last edited:
Ore, Sanjou!
Yeaaaah, no. I can type whatever I want. It's my opinion. Nice try though. What is "dissing"? I only speak English. So tell me, what is the point of this "poll" ? A "poll" would be just for voting on something, no responses necessary. So if responses are allowed, there you have it, my response. Showa = good stuff, Hesei = not so good stuff. Opinion , try it once.

There's a diference between stating a preference, and outright denying that something is what it is, and you were doing the latter, at least to a lesser degree. you may not like the newer Kamen Riders, but that doesn't mean that they aren't Kamen Riders, they're just different from the older ones, but still Riders nonetheless. Saying that they are in name only does not warrant the idea that what you're saying is awesome or something everyone will agree upon. Also, apparently you aren't all that familiar with slang, but that's besides the point