n/s
both, no more no less. I prefer Showa era if I'm after their cool henshin pose and Rider Kick shout-out. On the other hand, If I want unusual devices, weapons and CGI scenes, then Heisei it is.

Mad Skillz
Apples...or Oranges?

Apples are good while you eat them but they leave that nasty aftertaste (Heisei), oranges are sour and might be difficult to eat, but you're satisfied in the end. (Shouwa)

Hot damn, fruit analogies!

(I'm a Shouwa man)

Lurker
Apples are good while you eat them but they leave that nasty aftertaste (Heisei), oranges are sour and might be difficult to eat, but you're satisfied in the end. (Shouwa)

Hot damn, fruit analogies!

(I'm a Shouwa man)

It takes effort to peel oranges. Most newbies can just take a bite into apples to see if they like them.

Senshi no Hikari
SHOWA
hands down
6 of my top ten toku are showa rider shows
and this is the era when anison singers sung rider openings not outsiders
both the last 2 openings have not been

It's over 8,000!
It's a bit more difficult to decide now that there's Double.

Showa has the original, X (which I'm now watching), V3, and Black.
Heisei has Ryuki, Faiz, and Double.

I'm leaning toward Heisei for Double, but it's true that it pays homage to the original. Why does such a question have to be so difficult?

Heroes are forever
Screw it, there are no eras, all of our Henshin Heroes are Kamen Rider and they need not to be separated by the death of an emperor. Showa? Heisei? There's no such thing, for they all are Kamen Rider.

Although I loved those fruit analogies.

They call her one-eye
With showa you've got
O.G. (great!), V3 (okay but not that great.), X (Really Really good!), Amazon (short but sweet.), Stronger (awesomely awesome.) Skyrider (melancholic but well-done.), Super-1 (stupider then dirt second half.) Black (awesomely awesome awesomeness.) and black RX (retard made manifested.)

With Heisei you've got
Kuuga(Great!) Agito (even fricken better.) Ryuki (stupider then dirt second half.), Faiz (really good but problematic), Blade (awesomely awesome.) Hibiki (...okay.) Kabuto (Retard once again made manifested.) Den-O (awesomely awesome awesomeness.) Kiva (Evil Beyound recognition.) Decade (short but sweet.) and W (Awesomely awesome awesomeness x2.)

Hard choice but Heisei does have more offenders then defenders so Showa gets the vote.