AM i a bad person for not likeing Anime anymore?

I....just do not enjoy watching ANY Anime anymore. I don't know why, i've just kind of fallen out with it since pretty much every series of the past 3 years has been Moeblob crap, and i can't stand it. The few series that have managed to hold my attention (Code Geass, FMA, Darker than Black, Gundam 00) are not on anymore.

I guess i'm just an old fogey. The 90's and early to mid 00's was my golden age.....

I feel like i should have my nerd card taken away.
 
lol You a lil over dramatic don't ya think?

I was the same way..huge junkie. But now I'd rather draw them then watch them. Only a select few grab my attention. If I stumble on something then I might watch it, but it's the last thing on my mind now. Don't sweat it. lol
 
About the only anime I can stomach anymore is One Piece. Everything else I've tried in the longest time has been horrible.
 
Nearly all anime today is moe ****, fanservice ****, or incest. It's all a bunch of crap.

This. It's the reason why I don't keep up with newer shows now adays...I've kinda fallen out of anime to be honest...the only one I do keep up with now is Yugioh 5ds.
 
The trick here is honestly just finding something. It's true there is a lot of moe anime around nowadays that honestly is not that great (though, to be fair, the standard on that is getting lower). But disliking anime entirely? I just can't see it. Well, maybe I can a little. I know it's hard to stomach stuff, really I do. I mean, I just saw pics of KyoAni's Nichijou and I'm like "holy ****, everybody in this show has the same freaking moe face." But passing up on everything anime means passing up on the gems out there that actually are good. I honestly could never say that "every anime that comes out sucks" because I just can't feel that way. There is always at least one thing, at the very least one that I think is a great show or at the very least recommendable

For example, the shows that run on the noitaminA anime block are of the highest quality. Many of them have been well-liked and well-recieved to the point where the fact that some of them aren't even licensed yet seems like a shock. This is because the noitaminA anime seek to reach a much more casual audience and thus reflect that notion. Currently airing are the vampire anime Shiki and slice-of-life Princess Jellyfish, both things I would very very highly recommend. There's also the Super Robot shows The Inspectors and Star Driver, Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteriru is one of SHAFT's best outings, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt really has found its legs as Gainax does, and if you want a break from the main stuff, there's always the kids anime like Pretty Cure, Digimon Xros Wars, Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's and the underappreciated Inazuma Eleven. And lets be honest if all anime coming out today sucks or all of it is moe ****, then that would be saying Gundam Unicorn sucks as to which I really just cannot agree with as it is slowly turning into one of my all-time favorite Gundam series.

I can't change your mind if you don't like anime anymore and if you truly feel that way then just take this as my own personal recommendations but I think if one looks at the offerings, there's always one show that can be liked.

(You know what's funny, it's just this season where I realize "wow, like two shows this season have some form of incest in them" :P)
 
Princess Jellyfish is just more moe garbage IMO. I watched the first two episodes and I couldn't stand it. Star Driver is pretty good for not making any sense at all, but they ruin it with the lame ass fanservice that some of the girls prance around in. Panty and stocking is just trash. I don't see the appeal. The only three anime from this season I can stand are Iron Man, Shinrei Tantei Yakumo, and Heart Catch.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top