Acting Actors VS In-suit Actors

For the ladies, I know of Mizuho Nogawa, Naoko Kamio and Sanae Hitomi. I don't think I have picture of Nogawa but here is Kamio.
[HIDE]
23ruvfb.jpg
[/HIDE]
Bassha, Datas, and more I don't remember atm.
Are you sure thats Kamio ? She looks like a guy .... :laugh:


Haha, her wiki jp page even states that sometimes she gets mistaken for a guy XD
 
Who do you think are the best?

The actors playing the unhenshined heros and in-costume voices

or the awesome "anonymous" guys who play their in-armor double?

My gut feeling on it is that there's no choice to be made here because it is an inherently symbiotic relationship. The actors job is to portray their character and properly convey their story and emotions. The suit-actors job is to do the stunts while also leaving no room for doubt in audiences mind that it's the character who is in the suit and by doing so still conveying the story and emotions of the same character. (though sometimes there's meant to be a contrast on purpose. When Agito starts out Shouichi is not really in the drivers seat with his own powers).

Though it can vary. Some do the "acting" part of suit-acting better than others, though on the other hand some guys get more a character to actually work with in the first place.

On this topic I remember reading once that there are actually two schools of thought among suit actors about what they do. One is the idea that when the hero or anybody else henshins, they are in essence becoming something else entirely. They have transformed into a hero, warrior, monster, whatever so it should be played very differently than who they are when they are human or in human guise.

Two is the idea that it's completely the same person right down to the last detail. That the same personality and mannerisms should be present when they are henshined even with how they stand or in how they move when they interact with other characters.
 
I forgot to mention that I appreciate an acting actor who is willingly to do his own stunts and train for it.
 
Whoever did the Suit Acting for W I have to say did an amazing job especially in the episode with the Old dopant.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top