D

Dr Kain

I kind of like the design. Although, how is this gimmick going to work in live action?

So instead of the half-changes W had, Build is limp swapping. Don't exact know how a human being can do that, but if Accel can transform into a motorcycle, I'll buy it!
Just because the toys do that doesn't mean it's how the form changes will be depicted in-show. The figures for OOO split apart into three pieces and that wasn't how it worked on-screen (though the button used to unlock the figure sections does seem to be on the back of the actual OOO suit).
If only the names inspired more confidence. Cleaning??
Yeah, Cleaning seems weird. His antenna is a vaccum head and his left shoulder pad appears to be the container of a cyclonic vaccum. The chibi figure of that form seems to have a fully mechanical left arm. Also, it's a rabbit / vacuum cleaner Rider suit, and that's a bit wtf.

I think I'm generally still in the "getting used to it" phase. Build combines roadkill with random objects to create a Rider that looks like W with extra kibble glued on.

What do you guys think of KeyDragon Form?

kamen-rider-build-keydragon_orig.jpg

A better image of NinNinComic Form:

DEx7HvtVYAA_Ey-.jpg

A listing for the first quarter bottle sets that names all their forms.
The first row, from left to right: GorillaDiamond, HawkGatling, NinNinComic, RocketPanda.
The second row: KaizokuRessha (yes, 'pirate train', insert your own Sentai reference here) and OctopusLight.
Also shown are some of the bottles for this year's Legend Rider subline. The Doctor and Game bottles for Ex-Aid, and the Detective and USB bottles for W.

DE3HJh8V0AQP1DB.jpg

It seems that they're really going to town with weapons for each form. I haven't seen an official name for this one, but HedgehogTank's is a drill-sword that becomes a gun. The toy will come with the hedgehog bottle.

DEyuXZOXgAAzgRb.jpg:small

HawkGatling gets a gun simply called the Hawk Gatlinger. NinNinComic gets the Four Panel Ninja Sword, and KaizokuRessha gets the Pirate Launcher.

DE3DqCFXoAAHe1W.jpg

The secondary Rider's main weapon, the Beat Closer, which apparently has a musical theme.

DE3LF4zVYAIqF-K.jpg

NightRogue gets a pistol called the Transteam Gun. There will be another villain called Bloodstark whose weapon is called the Steam Blade. These weapons have the ability to combine together.

DE3BkA8W0AAkvl4.jpg

The DX Build Phone, which becomes Build's bike when you insert the lion bottle into it:

DE21YqCXoAAVS39.jpg
What do you guys think of KeyDragon Form?
I'm guessing that he maybe doesn't get to keep the Dragon part for long as it looks the same as the secondary Rider's.

Last edited:
R

raden238

Loving all the designs and weapons. Just wishing Toei could take a break of having so many Riders and Rider-like villains appearing in the show so early. We could use a break from that trend and go back to a Solo Rider arcs before the secondary Rider debuts in ep 17ish. But the toy marketing clearly has a bigger influence, which is why they do this.

Zelmoda's card sword in Carranger was subtler than this one.

On the plus side, I do like how despite how much current Rider shows get wrong, the 'classic' tropes still manage to emerge, such as Nitrogue and BloodStark being a bat and cobra respectively: all that's missing is a spider.

Zelmoda's card sword in Carranger was subtler than this one.

On the plus side, I do like how despite how much current Rider shows get wrong, the 'classic' tropes still manage to emerge, such as Nitrogue and BloodStark being a bat and cobra respectively: all that's missing is a spider.

Maybe they're saving Spider for later?

First up, it has been announced that Build will appear in the 44th episode of Ex-Aid on August 20th. The show will then start airing in early September instead of in October as had been expected. This means that anything up to seven episodes of Build could air before the timeslot change kicks in and moves the show to 9am

Onto more scans. apologies in advance for their large size.

First up, a better look at the Build Driver. This comes with the Rabbit and Tank Full Bottles. Is it just me or does the center-right image of the bottles look like they actually contain liquid?!

961381-1551186408234774-2601835009350132590-n_orig.jpg

The Build Driver will also be available in a set with a Full Bottle holder (which can hold three additional bottles), and a DX Kamen Rider Build Gashat.

20046646-1551187188234696-7019593592370728642-n.jpg

Next up, Kamen Rider Close's transformation items. These will not be released until November, so perhaps Build will get a couple of months by himself before he's joined by another Rider? It seems that Close will also use a Build Driver, but transforms using a device called the Close Dragon. This replaces one of the Full Bottles, and the other slot is filled with the Dragon Full Bottle.

108474-1551186791568069-806020069586574096-n1_orig.jpg

Finally, in December Build will get his first true upgraded form: a soda can called the DX RabbitTank Sparkling. You pull the tab and insert it over both Full Bottle slots. The carbonated contents change Build into RabbitTank Sparkling form.

108474-1551186791568069-806020069586574096-n2_orig.jpg

Before we get to the pretty pictures, some staff news!

DFnV_A1XUAItqxl.jpg:small

Shogo Muto is a TV drama writer who has never written tokusatsu before - so potentially some new ideas rather than the same old tropes, but will he be able to handle the relentless workload of an episode per week for an entire year?

On the other hand, Ryuta Tasaki is an old hand with over 20 years of experience directing both Rider and Sentai.

Also of note is that despite Toei usually not having the same production staff on successive series, producer Takahito Omori is currently working on Ex-Aid.

Tamotsu Shinohara previously created monster costumes for Ryuki, Faiz, Shinkenger, OOO and Gaim (though in the case of Gaim they had multiple designers, so he was only responsible for some of those designs).

If you'd like a preview of what the music for the show may be like, Kenji Kawai is also currently composing the music for Ultraman Geed. He previously did the music for Akibaranger and Ultraman Nexus. Kawai also has a vast resume outside of toku, most notably creating the music for the original Ghost In The Shell movie.

ONTO THE PICTURES!
First up, every year there's a promo pic of the main Rider in some random parking lot, and 2017 is no different.

DFoMPDZV0AAvcFo.jpg:small

Next, the actual Build Phone Bike:

news_xlarge_kamenriderbuild_201707_02.jpg

Nothing says "safe in a head-on collision" like mounting a circular saw to the handlebars!

Followed by a shot of Build racing away from what I presume will be the show's generic mooks (those helmets really remind me of the Zenitts from Timeranger).

news_xlarge_kamenriderbuild_201707_01.jpg

Behold the obvious eye holes of the "action" filming helmet.

EDIT
According to The Tokusatsu Network the the cast details will be revealed on Weds August 2nd, and it's been confirmed that the series will begin on Sunday September 3rd at 8am before moving to 9am in October.

They've also released a translation of the official plot synopsis:

“Build” derives its meaning from the word “create”. The hero is a young genius physicist who transforms using two different components as if they were experiments.

The hero uses the Build Driver to transform by loading two “Full Bottle” transformation items containing various ingredients such as animals and machines. When the two bottles used are a perfection combination, they are considered a “best match” and allow for the finishing attack. Build’s primary form is RabbitTank, using the power of a tank and jumping power of a rabbit. He speaks his catchphrase “Well, let’s begin the experiment!” as he tries out Full Bottle combinations to decide the rules of victory.

The story begins with the Japanese islands divided into three by the massive “Sky Wall” that appeared from Pandora’s Box found on Mars. In the three new areas of Toto, Saito, and Hokuto, the unidentified living organisms called “Smash” being to appear. The hero will face the Smash with his belt and bottles.

Last edited: