2013 Rider: Kamen Rider Gaim - News/Rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's the Genesis Driver itself that takes that place.

Orange x Energy is just an excuse to give Gaim a Genesis Driver. The Energy Lock Seed connector to the Sengoku Driver is simply the Lock Seed slot on the Genesis Driver removed and placed instead of the Face Plate.
 
I dunno. I'm still of the mind that Kachidoki is the final form based on it being far too unique for an upgrade, and Orange x Melon Energy fitting the bill for almost every upgrade form since it's a rehash of existing materials. Given how upgrades usually go (keyword: usually), it would be SUCH a waste of time for them to make this totally unique Lockseed and roleplay weapon just to toss it aside for something that is somehow more bombastic. I think when you combine a shotgun with a saber to form a buster sword, there is nowhere else to go. XD
 
Ryoutarou said:
So this was an interesting tidbit from one of the recent magazines - it seems the series is being broken into arcs, with the first 11 episodes being called The Age of the Lock Dealer.

Source
Just felt like passing this on.
 
Source
Just felt like passing this on.

Well, guess I got my answer for what "Lock Dealer era" could mean, then - Thanks for sharing! That's really weird, having the show separated like this. It's kind of just another thing that makes me wonder where the show will go from here, which I admit makes me excited. XD
 
Well it's the Genesis Driver itself that takes that place.

I dunno. I'm still of the mind that Kachidoki is the final form based on it being far too unique for an upgrade, and Orange x Melon Energy fitting the bill for almost every upgrade form since it's a rehash of existing materials.

But the mid upgrade is never a rehash of existing materials though. Magnet States was the first form Fourze got with unique Switch designs (not counting Rocket S1) due to their ability to change forms to a cellphone, rather than just being Switches. Wizard got the DragoTimer to go All Dragon or just multiple dragon forms at once, rather than just another ring. Tajador had its own unique weapon and Fang had an unique Switch type (with the dinosaur attached to it). There's always one special roleplay toy exclusive to the mid season upgrade, which is why it'll be odd if it's only the Genesis Driver here for Gaim, considering how it's just a recycled part of the toyline.

If the Genesis Driver combination replaces that, they'll be effectively eliminating part of the toyline, which just seems weird.
 
Well there might be more we haven't seen. But the Lock Seed slot on the Genesis Driver can replace the Sengoku Driver face plate.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzj8WJe2Dmc"]DX????????? ???? Part.3?With DX???????? DX GenesisDriver review ?With DX Sengoku Driver? - YouTube[/ame]
 
But the mid upgrade is never a rehash of existing materials though. --- There's always one special roleplay toy exclusive to the mid season upgrade, which is why it'll be odd if it's only the Genesis Driver here for Gaim, considering how it's just a recycled part of the toyline.

Foot is in mouth now. Okay, I was being a bit too vague on my wording here and was generalizing a bit on the nature of upgrades, since I missed some obvious unique ones. And I'll admit to not knowing the exact logic for the toyline. I suppose what it comes down to is, these two forms remind me of specific things, but at this rate anything could happen. Zangetsu could lose his Genesis Driver for all I know and that could result in Gaim's final form.

In any case I just wanna see what this combination of Drivers results in design-wise so I can play with designing other form combos. :laugh: My fascination with Kurokage will eventually lead to Matsubokkuri x Melon Energy. Speaking of, curious how the cheaper Lockseeds handle the combination of belts - I can't see them being programmed to have a delay.

The official summary for the first quarter of Gaim and 4 quick looks at the Energy Riders at the end of the second video.

http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/gaimu/news/11/

One thing I never noticed until seeing HD screenshots of those head shots... I figured the visors were just a solid color with no fruit texture, but they have this sort of suspended gel/liquid texture to them, with little air bubbles. That's a really cool way of playing with the juice theme and also a good way of differentiating them from the Sengoku Riders :o
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top