2013 Rider: Kamen Rider Gaim - News/Rumors thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, that's another thing that really makes me happy...
now we know why all this fruit idea's origin,
Do we? Cause he didn't really give a reason. It was just "We were going to use poems buuuuut then we used fruit." In fact I'm even more confused because before this I thought that Bandai made the toys are the writers just wrote a show around them but he made it sound like it was the shows staff idea to make lockfuritsamurais.
 
What I'm hearing is that Takebe & co. were planning those other themes (something ala it being pretty Shinkenger-like) then Bandai came in with "Fruit! Do FRUITS!!!"... so Takebe just dropped everything asap.

Someone like Lynxara could prolly explain it better.
 
Well, great interview! Has got me excited!! :D

I love how he is getting the idea from Kamen Rider Black and Shadow Moon. I'm expecting some Gaim vs Ryugen in that case. :P

However, I was a little disappointed that the fruit theme undermines the samurai theme. I would have preferred the "poetic literature". I mean seriously, Sentai can do it, how come its considered too "early" for Rider?
 
What I'm hearing is that Takebe & co. were planning those other themes (something ala it being pretty Shinkenger-like) then Bandai came in with "Fruit! Do FRUITS!!!"... so Takebe just dropped everything asap.

Someone like Lynxara could prolly explain it better.

But why would they start making concepts before Bandai weighted in with something. They would of known Bandai would want to add something.
 
Well, great interview! Has got me excited!! :D

I love how he is getting the idea from Kamen Rider Black and Shadow Moon. I'm expecting some Gaim vs Ryugen in that case. :P

However, I was a little disappointed that the fruit theme undermines the samurai theme. I would have preferred the "poetic literature". I mean seriously, Sentai can do it, how come its considered too "early" for Rider?

Well older Riders as the main part of a show was considered too early in Fourze due to Decade.
 
Hmm, cool interview. Wasn't there a part where Urobuchi said that Zangetsu is going to be like the Ouja of the series? Or was it just a rumor?

That was the interview with Takebe. Not Urobuchi. But it only meant that Zangetsu was stronger than the rest, not that he was out to kill everyone. I'll post that interview soon.
 
I have no context, but I did see this posted on /m/:
j7d6.jpg


Guess who on the right.
 
That was the interview with Takebe. Not Urobuchi. But it only meant that Zangetsu was stronger than the rest, not that he was out to kill everyone. I'll post that interview soon.

Wait, Ouja was stronger? I never really got that from Ryuki.

Let's see

He killed Gai after the latter was terribly injured by Zolda's Final Vent.

Similar thing with Imperer.

He defeats Zolda only at the end, and that was actually Goro, who just started out, and is probably not very good at using Rider powers.
Aslo, there was a two-parter where he almost got eaten by his monsters because he spent too long without killing anything. In the end of that, Shinji had to let them use monsters the other Riders killed. This could be due to having more monsters than everybody else (except Imperer), but still. It's not like he had anything else that would have prevented him from killing things, ya know.
 
Well, I guess according to Takebe he was.
http://henshinjustice.net/2013/09/12/why-gaim-is-an-orange-naomi-takebe-interview/
Takebe: Exactly, we wanted to give them different things that would set them all apart. Like making some of them into insects, or even birds. Although, Bandai eventually came to us and said “Fruits“, that became the center theme we worked with. You can still see some bird features if you look carefully.
I don't really see the bird features myself, but it's always cool to know about these things.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top