Lurker
The audience will be different (apologies for not making myself clearer).

Toon Disney's target audience (as a channel) is 3-to-12 year old boys. Most of TD's programming tries to appeal to the whole of this target audience, including Power Rangers.

Now, here's the change:

Disney XD is not only TD rebranded under a new banner, but also a complete change in their target audience. It is now 6-to-14+ year old boys, not 3-to-12. This means Power Rangers will have to change.

"Cool. Relevant. Relatable."

That's Disney XD's remit. PR isn't the last two (and its coolness is debatable), so RPM will be a major overhaul to the whole franchise, so it appeals to those teenagers Disney XD want (the 13, 14, 15 year olds).

Now as a fan this sounds exciting, but when you think about it: can PR survive without 3, 4, 5 year olds watching? Does Disney really expect them to still buy the toys without watching the show?

Let's say it doesn't work out for PR - what will happen to it? If it goes back to catering for 3 year olds, will it have to find a new home (because Disney XD isn't for 3 year olds anymore)? Or will it have to stick exclusively to ABC Kids?

Just some food for thought.

Here's the dessert - if Aaron Stone is RPM's companion series, does that mean RPM is only 26 episodes long?

Just because the target audience has changed doesn't mean the 3, 4, 5 year olds won't watch. The show may involve deeper subjects, hopefully, but that definitely won't stop the younger audience from watching. If the story they come up with is interesting, they'll watch no matter what...

wanna hear a joke?
Snoops is a prick sometimes, he's taking credit for other people's hard work and honestly trying to dispell the notion PR could gain a credible premise again

He's not a real fan at all.

I think that's going a bit too far. It's a joke meant to confuse people with a gullible nature. The kind of person that will see someone say "Kelly is the Samurai Ranger" and automatically believe it.

And I think it's kinda funny. Because there's a whole lotta people that would easily believe whatever someone posts, just because they sound confident in what they're saying.

/B$ of the Tokusatsu. fanpage.
I think that's going a bit too far. It's a joke meant to confuse people with a gullible nature. The kind of person that will see someone say "Kelly is the Samurai Ranger" and automatically believe it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I REMEMBER THAT. 2003 was such a good year.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

wanna hear a joke?
So, if RPM is meant to be slightly more "mature" then perhaps we could actually have a significant love interest on the show that wasn't as subtle as the past few seasons. I think JF has been doing some fun things in that regard, but it'd be cool to have a Ranger power couple again, methinks.

#MissionMiami
Here's the dessert - if Aaron Stone is RPM's companion series, does that mean RPM is only 26 episodes long?

Nah. Aaron Stone's first season is 26 episodes I think so if they do it right they could do the big 5 week break or 3 week break between both shows so RPM returns with new episodes and Aaron Stone kicks off the 2nd Season.

Eye See You
So, if RPM is meant to be slightly more "mature" then perhaps we could actually have a significant love interest on the show that wasn't as subtle as the past few seasons. I think JF has been doing some fun things in that regard, but it'd be cool to have a Ranger power couple again, methinks.

Agreed.

/B$ of the Tokusatsu. fanpage.
Nah. Aaron Stone's first season is 26 episodes I think so if they do it right they could do the big 5 week break or 3 week break between both shows so RPM returns with new episodes and Aaron Stone kicks off the 2nd Season.

Oh god if Aaron stone gets a 2nd season I'm gonna be so pissed.