I liked him when he wasn't a god
TL;DR - people think of RPM as serious, mature and more "creative" or "unique" than other seasons (basically, the same things people say about Go-Busters) and Go-onger as stupid and childish. That's why.

/B$ of the Tokusatsu. fanpage.
I enjoyed Both.

Pros of Go-Onger: It was one of the first series to bring forth the HUGE Mecha Combo. G12 is still a badass to me even to this day.
A lot of people on this message board have a very skewed sense of humor when it comes to jokes on a kids TV show. they expect it to be DARK and GRIM because its in another country with very little TV Restrictions. I watched it to the end and I enjoyed every moment of it.

Cons of Go-Onger: when it came to retardation the only thing truly lacking was the villains. **** truly didn't get in gear until Hiromekemedas came and it introduced Go-On Wings. Sure they started out as disrespectful stuck up cunts at the start but they came back from that with more integrity and teamwork than most sentai's even try lately. Oh and the main villains father was pretty tight too.

Pros of RPM: I like that it's more or less a giant "WHAT IF" series. Disney and the writers at least deserve props for that and it kind of makes corinth its own universe in Power Rangers Canon. Samurai helped with that by emily saying one fucking line "Your friends say Hi.". It wasn't entirely MadMax but I'm not going to Judge Dredd it because the series was totally terminator. See what I did there?

Cons of RPM: Being a kids show a lot of the heavy writing of the show had to be cut out like the kiss and a lot of the New Zealand filmed fight scenes. Mixing an entire city into a dome outside of a wasteland didn't help when it came to using Japanese footage and the Tanaya 7 character was totally under appreciated. that and the short amount of episodes and crappy Americanizing of the toys.

Blade Adept
Purportedly being a more comedic Sentai series, I found Go-onger's handling of humour hard to stomach in comparison to RPM's more natural, witty humour between the characters. Say what you want about how the writers pulled off RPM in general, but they pulled off Ziggy, and especially his dynamic with Doctor K. And yes, RPM had plenty of moments of lamp-shading and lightheartedness. One episode where they ask why the Zords have cutesy anime eyes and the reason for the explosion behind the rangers every time they morph. Anyone who thinks RPM was exclusively a dark, miserable and uber-serious show should probably revisit it.

That being said, I absolutely did not care for the whole post-apocalyptic setting. So a virus created by one young woman was enough to wipe out nearly the entire world, when a whole Machine Empire and a conglomeration of allied evil forces failed to. Yet they can't seem to destroy a domed city, even though DESPITE THE SHIELDS, they keep getting in somehow. It's a baffling choice of setting because given the footage, either the rangers sporadically have to either go out into the wasteland, or mostly fight in the city. The latter of which they mostly do. How inept are your security systems?

I appreciate the grander, ambitious scope of RPM with the footage they had to work with, compared to the creative bankruptcy of the succeeding PR series, but the setting just does not work for me as a Power Rangers show. Still, I'm glad we got it, even if I don't agree with the idea that it's the best Power Rangers series. It's a good show, but one that feels like it was filed under the wrong intellectual property. Go-onger, I just couldn't find much in it to care about.

"あぁあぁっーー…!いぃやあ…あ"
Your all crazy and RPM sucks a lot compared to GO - Onger. The original is always better than the spin off version that is logic

SLICE
Your all crazy and RPM sucks a lot compared to GO - Onger. The original is always better than the spin off version that is logic

That's not even remotely close to being true, but is ultimately subjective.

Anyways, RPM was funnier.

I don't have low self esteem.
Can't say much for RPM but Go-Onger was headache inducing for me. In particular these cartoony cars yelling silly noises like "Doru Doru Doru"..

Apart from that, the characters were boring, Saki was so annoying that she wasn't even cute, Go-On Green (I forgot his name) is the annoying wimpy dude who whines and hides behind Gunpei's back like he's scared..

And the weird thing is, I find Go-On Red to be the most annoying character in the show because of his annoying screaming and shouting voice, which is weird because this is something I found amusing about Ban from DekaRanger. I just don't understand why but Ban is sorta.. an idiot but an amusing idiot, but Go-On Red is just an idiot.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
And yes, RPM had plenty of moments of lamp-shading and lightheartedness. One episode where they ask why the Zords have cutesy anime eyes and the reason for the explosion behind the rangers every time they morph.

This probably sums up why I didn't like RPM. It felt like the show was embarrassed to be a Power Rangers series so, in order to appeal to adult fans, they either changed as much as possible that was characteristic of the franchise or, if they couldn't do that (ie. the footage) tried to cover it with snarky meta humour to show that they were aware of these "flaws" and try to get viewers laughing with them instead of at them. It made me want to say: Dude! You'll never be cool! You're a Power Rangers series! Bloody well get over it!

SLICE
I think it's less that, and taking the piss out of some really terrible designs that they were stuck with.

The new Tendou Souji
A lot of people on this message board have a very skewed sense of humor when it comes to jokes on a kids TV show. they expect it to be DARK and GRIM because its in another country with very little TV Restrictions.

That totally explains why Carranger has so many fans, it's all Exhaus' fault.

I gave up on Go-Onger at episode 25, I originally loved it. The main reason to me is that it seemed to be rushed and the humor fizzled. They introduced a villain in the teens then kill him off around ep 20 and that also made me realized that I'm stuck with filler for the next 20 or so episodes. It made me feel like they were writing for a 30 or 40 episode show and not 50.

Nah, there were still big things happening in the 30s.
Yogostein, who's basically the main villain of the show for the first 30 episodes dies there. There's also another big villain introduced and killed there.
They killed the new villain in the 20s exactly to keep things happening there. In spite of the random episodes, there's no big stretch of nothing happening in Go-Onger.