Ryatta
Hey All.

I wanted to share my latest video with you all on Power Rangers RPM. It's generally aimed at people who aren't versed in Ranger and Toku lore but there should be plenty to watch and entertain still as I've packed every badass and joke scene into the video as I could think of.

I'm aiming to do more toku vids in the future so crit and comments on this would always be helpful :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkMbizmIiWM"]Why You Should Watch #5: Power Rangers RPM - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Well done, I wasn't interested in this before and now I see the appeal, the dark future stuff is a cool element. I haven't watched Power Rangers in a long time, any other seasons from say 2000-on that you think might appeal to a lapsed fan of that side of things? Also, any that don't involve a school setting would help.

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
Shouldn't this be in the Power Chamber or net-vid theater?

The Net-Vid theater has been gone for a handful of weeks now since Keith started consolidated some forums of the HJU site.

But yeah, you gotta point on The Power Chamber

Ryatta
Well done, I wasn't interested in this before and now I see the appeal, the dark future stuff is a cool element. I haven't watched Power Rangers in a long time, any other seasons from say 2000-on that you think might appeal to a lapsed fan of that side of things? Also, any that don't involve a school setting would help.

I'm glad I'm able to convince you to give the series a go, I would suggest Time Force (2001) and SPD (2005); I generally seem to enjoy the dynamic of military based Ranger teams. SPD is my preferred of the two.

Based on the action alone I tend to favor Ninja Storm and Jungle Fury for having choreography that flows well on screen.

Thanks to Mr Justice for putting this on the front page as well :)

Banned
I never understood the die-hard love for RPM. IMO it was a very bad PR season. Compared to in Space, Lost galaxy and others it just doesn't stack up. It's premise is also very over done. Mad Max and Terminator come to mind any time I think about RPM.

The last time Mad Max and Terminator were done were the 80's... and one more time in the 2k's. I wouldn't call that overdone. :anime:

Of the ones mentioned in this topic, definitely gonna check out RPM and also Lost Galaxy (Cerina Vincent sold me on that pretty quick, I dig Cabin Fever :thumbs:).

Ryatta
I don't those concepts are over done. Though perhaps finding examples where they were used well is another story. Bear in mind that Terminator never really explored it's post apocalypse world until Salvation; which I believe came out the same year as RPM.

While I think Lost Galaxy was an equally ambitious series it's execution wasn't nearly as well thought out.. though no one is going to argue over the quality of Space; weather it's better or not is down to opinion