Welcome to my Edition call "Why people love (blank) but hates (blank)"

Let talk of why people love RPM but hates Go-Onger

I will tell you of why Everyone hates Go-Onger which is considered to be worst Sentai show by Sentai fan.

They hate Go-Onger because Go-on Red? Or they hate annoying Sidekick like Bomper or uninterested villain?

They love RPM because it was more serious than Go-Onger

Why?! Why do Sentai fan doesn't like Go-Onger?!

MMPR Season 1 is a clusterf'ck of everything from the 50s-90s...and made it work.

Then again, Japanese has been doing longer.:sweat:

I'm currently finally getting through Go-Onger and the thing that bugs me the most (although there are a lot of things about the show that bug me) is the really godawful ADR work. I mean, it's obvious none of the five main actors can act worth a damn, but what makes their performances even worse is that the ADR makes them sound like their voices aren't coming out of their mouths but being recorded in a small room, and no post-production work was done to make them sound like they're outside like usual. They just feel so dubbed and it's really jarring.

Okay, I know nothing about Power Rangers RPM (I just wanted to post in this thread to rant about the shitty ADR) since I didn't watch it but I think most people prefer it probably because it seems to have a story and characters worth giving a damn about, two things Go-Onger definitely lacks.

The Ranger with the Cowbell
I gave up on Go-Onger at episode 25, I originally loved it. The main reason to me is that it seemed to be rushed and the humor fizzled. They introduced a villain in the teens then kill him off around ep 20 and that also made me realized that I'm stuck with filler for the next 20 or so episodes. It made me feel like they were writing for a 30 or 40 episode show and not 50. The sixth and seventh rangers also had NO personalities to the main cast whatsoever other than being jerks and I couldn't stand that.

Power Rangers RPM I don't like but it has it's moments and pluses. Olivia Tennet can act and she added a lot to an otherwise very retread-heavy Power Ranger series.

Going back to Go-Onger I don't think it's the worst I would say Fiveman takes the cake.

For me, RPM has very engaging and interesting characters, and for it's serious tone that people praise/seem to hate, the show really doesn't take itself seriously.

There was this charm the RPM cast had with their ability to bounce off each other for the humorous bits (which is what drew me in to watch the rest of the season) that I didn't see from what little I've seen of Go-Onger. I also liked RPM's thunderous guitar music over the overused...whatever music used in Go-Onger.

Going back to Go-Onger I don't think it's the worst I would say Fiveman takes the cake.

Fiveman worse than Go-Onger? :laugh: How is Fiveman the worst anything? Worst 90s Sentai is all I can possibly think of, and even then it's not what I'd consider bad at all. It's just sandwiched between a noteworthy half decade of Sentai before it and a "new era" show after.

The Decade Everyone Wants Dead
I'm currently finally getting through Go-Onger and the thing that bugs me the most (although there are a lot of things about the show that bug me) is the really godawful ADR work. I mean, it's obvious none of the five main actors can act worth a damn, but what makes their performances even worse is that the ADR makes them sound like their voices aren't coming out of their mouths but being recorded in a small room, and no post-production work was done to make them sound like they're outside like usual. They just feel so dubbed and it's really jarring.

Okay, I know nothing about Power Rangers RPM (I just wanted to post in this thread to rant about the shitty ADR) since I didn't watch it but I think most people prefer it probably because it seems to have a story and characters worth giving a damn about, two things Go-Onger definitely lacks.
The worst ADR job is during Gem and Gemma's first morph, when they're saying "RPM Get in Gear"

I can't speak for RPM but Go-onger started out fine and the comedy was great fun, until (as shamrocknroll has mentioned above) around beyond Episode 25, where the slapstick comedy felt so forced and irritating. it didn't help with Go-onWings either when they originally started out as the Go-ongers' contrast, only to gradually become as goofy (or shall I say retarded) as them. if you think Fiveman or Goseiger were bad, this series was far worst IMO.