Lurker
On the topic of Micchy's power boost, we can clearly see that Kouta is being hindered by his hesitation, and Baron seems to be regular Baron in another suit (as someone else said) - that, combined with Micchy's newfound insanity (that guy sets a new standard for insanity every episode, omg), can actually explain IMO why he can deflect Kaito's finisher (its not that powerful, basically) and get Kouta's half-assedly thrown mango punisher.

Also, with that "got thrown into the water" bit, I can totally see the show bringing Takatora back just as Kouta finally decided to end Micchy, using that as an excuse to keep him alive. Please don't do this to me, Urobuchi, I beg you.

EXE

After watching this ep with subs. Kaito's statement to Kouta basically says that Micchi's power boost is because of his new "insane" resolve. He says "That was the strength of one who has cast aside all doubts. All his fear and hesitation are gone."

In Justice, We Trust!
I love that Mai is insitant on paying for the food that they take from the Super Market…what's she gonna do when that money runs out?

Where is she getting that money from anyway?

^Maybe the others like Oren and Minako chip in some too.

I understand plot being more important than power levels, but completely disregarding them is a bit too much. Kiwami is TWO levels above Energy riders.

Except you are wrong.

One the Energy Riders aren't created equal. Some are more powerful than others. Sigurd and Jinba Lemon for example are pretty much equal. While Marika is supposedly more powerful than Jinba Lemon, but weaker than Kachidoki. And Melon and Lemon are the most powerful capable of taking on Kachidoki as we saw with Takatora.

If we go by levels, Kiwami is probably alittle bit more powerful than Kachidoki (its main strength isn't power levels really, but versatility) and its difference in its power levels with Zangetsu Shin are probably not "two levels" as you describe. Probably a little bit wider than between Zangetsu Shin and Kachidoki, which is nearly en par with each other.

I love that Mai is insitant on paying for the food that they take from the Super Market…what's she gonna do when that money runs out?

Where is she getting that money from anyway?

Probably already had it before the invasion, and might have gotten it from the Invess games or, hell, she might of had a day job and had some saved up.(I don't THINK that it was revealed she had one, but I've forgotten things before.)

Probably already had it before the invasion, and might have gotten it from the Invess games or, hell, she might of had a day job and had some saved up.(I don't THINK that it was revealed she had one, but I've forgotten things before.)

She did have a job before. It was at the Drupers with Kouta, under Bandou's consent.

Okay, call me crazy, but unlike many, I feel that some elements of that episode make me think that Micchy might find redemption :

- First, all those appearances of Takatora's ghost : one can pretty feel that that ghost pretty much symbolizes Micchy's deep buried conscience.
- While he shows ruthlessness and brutality, his desire to protect Mai is genuine.
- For the first time since forever, Micchy decides to stop trying to kill Kouta, ev even if he has the opportunity to do so : in fact, in that episode, it's pretty much Takatora/ Micchy's "conscience" who saves Kouta: there is a striking element of dialogue : Takatora's ghost says "all you can do is lash at those close to you", showing him that those attacks are a proof of weakness. By letting Kouta live, it's like Micchy wants to show he's strong, and that he doesn't need to kill Kouta in order to follow his way. It's like "Takatora"'s words have struck home.

It's gonna be very interesting to see where Gaim is gonna go, but I feel that Micchy has shown some character development in that episode. While he still hates Kouta, he doesn't see his death as a priority.

Lurker
Okay, call me crazy, but unlike many, I feel that some elements of that episode make me think that Micchy might find redemption :

- First, all those appearances of Takatora's ghost : one can pretty feel that that ghost pretty much symbolizes Micchy's deep buried conscience.
- While he shows ruthlessness and brutality, his desire to protect Mai is genuine.
- For the first time since forever, Micchy decides to stop trying to kill Kouta, ev even if he has the opportunity to do so : in fact, in that episode, it's pretty much Takatora/ Micchy's "conscience" who saves Kouta: there is a striking element of dialogue : Takatora's ghost says "all you can do is lash at those close to you", showing him that those attacks are a proof of weakness. By letting Kouta live, it's like Micchy wants to show he's strong, and that he doesn't need to kill Kouta in order to follow his way. It's like "Takatora"'s words have struck home.

It's gonna be very interesting to see where Gaim is gonna go, but I feel that Micchy has shown some character development in that episode. While he still hates Kouta, he doesn't see his death as a priority.

I'm sorry but whatever redeeming qualities Micchi has are out weighed by all the horrible stuff he's done.
-For one thing not making Kouta's death a priority is not a redeeming a quality. He still wants to kill Kouta and just because its not at the the top of his to do list is doesn't make any better.
-Also while he does care about Mai he pretty much doesn't care about her as a person same thing when he was still friends with Kouta. If he did care about Mai as a person he would have let Mai tell people about the Helheim. He also wouldn't have kidnapped her.
-He also let Redyue use Akira has a power source for her resurrection machine just because she's Kouta's sister.

Micchi really is just to far gone to be redeemed. Remember even his actor thinks Micchi has gone to far and he really needs to die. Micchi is incredibly petty and insane and doesn't deserve any redemption.

I'm sorry but whatever redeeming qualities Micchi has are out weighed by all the horrible stuff he's done.
-For one thing not making Kouta's death a priority is not a redeeming a quality. He still wants to kill Kouta and just because its not at the the top of his to do list is doesn't make any better.
-Also while he does care about Mai he pretty much doesn't care about her as a person same thing when he was still friends with Kouta. If he did care about Mai as a person he would have let Mai tell people about the Helheim. He also wouldn't have kidnapped her.
-He also let Redyue use Akira has a power source for her resurrection machine just because she's Kouta's sister.

Micchi really is just to far gone to be redeemed. Remember even his actor thinks Micchi has gone to far and he really needs to die. Micchi is incredibly petty and insane and doesn't deserve any redemption.

That's what it is with Micchi. If he would "kill" his own brother and be proud of it, he's capable of anything. Even to injure Peco, just because he's nothing but scum to him. Which is ironic, since Takatora once thought of the Beat Riders as that.

Takatora treated Micchy the same as Micchy treated Mai. Think on that for a second. Both tried to keep someone they cared about outside of the conflict in order to protect them. Yes, the way they went about it was wrong, but, well, being sincere does not automatically make you right.