Nice post!!
Makes me wonder if Kobayashi is even sticking around?

Same here. Everything the show was originally about is pretty much over, and whatever goes on after the Gavan crossover is going to have to be written as pretty much its own thing (even if it uses Enter and/or Escape). The characters will need completely refreshed motivations and character arcs, if they're going to have any. It's an excellent way to clear the decks for a new head writer, if Toei wants to go in that direction. Kobayashi has JoJo's ahead of her, and if she can get that to hit then she could spend pretty much the rest of her career on that.

I'm not convinced that didn't happen. Enter was an Avatar. We know that the Avatars can be reformed after they're destroyed. What I saw, was that Enter/his mech getting destroyed weakened Messiah enough to let the GB destroy him. Who's to say that wasn't Enter's plan all along, to get Messiah out of the way, and then have a backup Avatar elsewhere to keep working? Plus, since the GB destroyed Messiah, it doesn't get Escape coming after him.

The problem with that theory is "who is making the avatar?"; Enter isn't a person; he has been made by Messiah using data coming from the people trapped in Hyperspace. Avatars can be reformed if they're destroyed, provided, the one who's making the avatar is alive as well? Unless ou have a theory that there was someone or something else which was making Enter, I don't see how Enter can be reformed.

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
The problem with that theory is "who is making the avatar?"; Enter isn't a person; he has been made by Messiah using data coming from the people trapped in Hyperspace. Avatars can be reformed if they're destroyed, provided, the one who's making the avatar is alive as well? Unless ou have a theory that there was someone or something else which was making Enter, I don't see how Enter can be reformed.

That would also lead to the next theory.........of who created the "Messiah virus."

:coolshades:

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Maybe it's not totally wrapped up, after all:

We haven't seen a mid-season upgrade yet

There have been scans out for it, so if it doesn't happen, that's going to look bad

And they haven't (as far as I know, no subs out yet) resolved the whole thing with Masato's connection to Yoko's mother and the whole reason he came back from hyperspace

Maybe it's not totally wrapped up, after all:

We haven't seen a mid-season upgrade yet

There have been scans out for it, so if it doesn't happen, that's going to look bad

And they haven't (as far as I know, no subs out yet) resolved the whole thing with Masato's connection to Yoko's mother and the whole reason he came back from hyperspace

You're not wrong; but frankly, the Masato's connection to Yoko's mom should have been told before Hiromu and Yoko's family's death; telling it afterwards is gonna feel weird; having little issues dealt AFTER the biggest issue isn't really interesting; now that everyone's dead, who really cares about that?

I liked him when he wasn't a god

As I understand it, Enter and Escape were composites of the people trapped in hyperspace. If Escape still contains all that data, maybe she could use it to reform him?

And it seems they don't need to still be alive for the avatar to survive, otherwise Escape would have been destroyed too

Last edited: