Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked him when he wasn't a god
Eh...everyone has a personal favorite ship (giveyou 3 guesses as to what my favorite one is lol :laugh:)
even if it makes no seance, as of right now, I say ship to your hearts content.

But six episodes into a show, it's rather pointless.

Let me guess: You ship TimeYellow/My Little Pony?

I think the cast of Gokaigers >>> Decade, so as long they have good enough story and action scenes I think the series will inevitably go down as one of the best in Super Sentai history.

One of my problems with Decade was that even during the lighter moments of the show, the cast addressed everything with so much seriousness that when the writers tried to introduce grimdark draaaama later on (and especially during the movies) there was no notable change in tone. Whereas at this stage Gokaiger is primarily comedic, but has the potential for serious plot that could actually be good (such as Marvelous's and Joe's backstories)

It stinks.
Kamen Rider has been the bigger ratings-earner for several years now and also has a wider audience, whereas Sentai's primary audience is young children up to about 7 or 8. Maybe they're just trying to bring Sentai up to speed? Toei is plugging Rider hard this year too (the V-cinema releases for W, the anniversary episodes of OOO and anniversary movie etc.)

Wouldn't susprise me if that was true.

But six episodes into a show, it's rather pointless.

Let me guess: You ship TimeYellow/My Little Pony?

Never underestimate the power of fandumb lol

and so close: Timeyellow/Derpy lol :laugh:
[HIDE]but no I like Marvelous/Don and Ahim/Joe :wub:[/HIDE]

Minato Ascending
The actors seem to be affectionate friends in real life - they post a lot of blog pictures of themselves hanging out, hugging or playing around with each other. IIRC Kazuki Shimizu (Green) mentioned that he gives Ryouta Ozawa (Red) a hug every day. It does kind of piss me off that Marvelous/Ahim is already popular in the fandom, it even had shippers before the show began. I know that "princess/pirate captain" is a popular cliche in romance novels, but Gokaiger isn't a romance

So there are fanfic of Marvelous/Ahim already been written on the net? :) Personally, I think Marvelous/Luka would be a more interesting couple, since these two will likely bicker and barter back-and-forth like what Han & Leia used to do on Star Wars movies. I think it would've created the kind of chemistry that can be substained due to the strong personality of these two characters.

Oh, you mean this scene:

capturemo.png

<3

*has pervy thoughts* Ahim, Luka... let go rezu :D :p

Super Moderator
The actors seem to be affectionate friends in real life - they post a lot of blog pictures of themselves hanging out, hugging or playing around with each other. IIRC Kazuki Shimizu (Green) mentioned that he gives Ryouta Ozawa (Red) a hug every day. It does kind of piss me off that Marvelous/Ahim is already popular in the fandom, it even had shippers before the show began. I know that "princess/pirate captain" is a popular cliche in romance novels, but Gokaiger isn't a romance

OR you could always not let nonsensical ships effect your enjoyment or even enjoyment of romantic angles presented in the show.

Look, shippers will put together any two people who are in a scene with each other for more than two seconds regardless of personalities or context or anything that would make a lick of actual sense in terms of who those characters are. A UPS guy could deliver something to the GoKaiGalleion and someone, somewhere would be "MarvelousXUPSguyLUV4EVER!" 1000 fanfics!

You can't have the voice of any particular segment of the fandom playing in your head when you watch these shows. Because then you're not giving a given series the fair shake it deserves. If a show has a romantic angle let it stand on its own and judge it for what it is in context of the characters and quality of the story being told rather than scoffing or cringing at even the most vauge hint of it because you know or feel like some group of shippers somewhere is going to squee about it to no end.

Besides romance and superhero stories have always gone together. That's not to say it's required, it's not but there's nothing about it that's out of bounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.