Soon, you’ll be able to see the world of Warhammer 40,000 from a new perspective! Green Man Gaming is putting their finishing touches on Aeronautica Imperialis: Flight Command — a turn-based strategy game that takes place in the air.
You play as either one of two sides: a Flight Commander in the Imperial Navy or a Skwadron Kommanda of the Ork Air Waaagh! Your goal: eliminate the enemy aircraft with aircraft of your own, and while you’re up there, bomb their bases to kingdom come. You’ll manage a wide variety of space planes, each with special strengths and skills. Plot your plan of attack skillfully and come out victorious.
“Following the creation of our Digital Partners Programme at the end of last year, we are very proud to now announce our first game under this new system and couldn’t be happier that it’s Games Workshop licenced title,” says Ian McGregor, Chief Marketing Officer for Green Man Gaming. “Games Workshop are worldwide leaders in tabletop miniatures gaming, and the Warhammer 40,000 brand is a supreme testament to that…we can’t wait to show what we’ve been working on, whilst also welcoming a whole new audience of passionate gamers to this phenomenon.”
- Fully licensed models from Games Workshop
- Turn-based strategy like never before – a deep yet visually engaging combination of simultaneous turn-based strategy and atmospheric cinematic action.
- Choice of 2 factions – the Aeronautica Imperialis or the Ork Air Waaagh!
- 7 unique self-contained story driven scenarios.
- All scenarios are single player against AI and head-to-head online.
- An engaging single player campaign.
- Robust training system
- In-depth tactical elements including altitude, pilot commands and a wide range of weapon systems.
Aeronautica Imperialis: Flight Command will be seeking recruits in late May on Steam.